Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    No not really, the JDM is pretty decked out so no need to refit any real AUDM gear that i know of for the VASS. Maybe the side mirrors? tried asking about what else I MAY need to swap over to get the VASS but got told not to botehr instead?!?! Only cosmetic things will really be coming from her Hiru. She is in better shape than my AUDM bodywise...tiny bit of rust, but no where near the extent of the AUDM.

All the audio gear will get transplanted across when i do the carpet i figure - that way i can run the all the cables with ease, will also have most of the plastics out for the
    re-trimming meaning the speakers should be alot easier to transfer.

Distributer may not need to be moved. It was taken from the JDM in an attempt to fix a CEL which didnt work. I will also need to take the headliner, RH door trim, and boot/fuel release from the AUDM prior to the VASS.

The JDM has just been sitting in my garage getting very dirty and taunting me every time i go in there for the last four months. I havent been arsed to remove any of those goodies i was planning to move across yet...thankfully! Will be leaving them all in there now obviosly.

Been too busy on ebay searching around spending money here there and everywhere else on bits and pieces.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Thought I might take the opportunity to post up some pics of the starting point of the JDM as it came to me....That way i can come back and be shocked and amazed that it once looked as bad as it did...
    Last edited by SnowWhiteLude; 30th October 2009 at 06:51 PM.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Wow, that is interesting.
    I did not know you could get S1s with DCC. Has it got power folding mirrors?
    Are you going to re trim the interior in leather?
    Looks like you have got alot of the stuff planned or sorted already, so should be really good to see this thing once you finish it. Good luck.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Mirrors folding too - i think it is the only reasons my GF has let me keep it - and dump lotsa $$$ into it - she loves them. Re trim from proseat is organised with white seats and black inserts...

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    interesting.. another s1 with s2 rims...

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS

Who said i was wasting my time...

RWC, check!

VASS cert, Check!

New black 3G JDM (previously a grey) import to now do up, that cost me around $400 bucks to buy? CHECK!

Was admittedly more stressful than difficult, but on top of a normal roadie, it had NO ADR ISSUES! Apart from an emissions label.....

Just got back and my baby has a new tattoo on her RH strut tower.....got to remember to clear coat that so it doesn't rust too.....

Time for a beer....F**K yeah! YEE-HAWWW!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    All rego'd! Now time for the work to start...

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    good work, keep us updated with pics on your transformation journey.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    nice man, cant wait to see how it looks in the end

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Alarm with remote start installed yesterday, but now the alram is tripping every 15-30 mins for no apparent reason. pretty unimpressed also when i opened the bonnet to find some random wiring, spool of solder, and a few cable ties in the engine bay.

Rang them to say i was having a few problems with what i thought was the microwave sensor - he says it doesnt work, they never do. Hardly seems corect? Also advs of the mysterious tripping issue, i said might the microwave sensor (even though it supposedly doesnt work) or shock sensor (even though when i was rocking the car back and forth didnt set it off) Also door alarm only seems resent on the drivers side handle, not the passenger? They said i could return it for them to have a look at it, but not too impressed considering it was a $350/4 hour job.....

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Alarm shock sensors can be pretty bad on some units. On dad's 3rd gen, you can rock the car and it doesnt go off, but if a harley goes past it goes crazy...
    Quote Originally Posted by brash22 View Post
    You sir are mad. Like lock you in the nuthouse mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabir View Post
    You sir are a prelude obsessed freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by hiru View Post
    you sir, are a prelunatic.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Yeah well i aint too impressed at all - i do like free stuff - but not left to run loose in my engine bay after forking over a fairly hefty price for the install....If i cant get it working without too much hassel myself it will be making a cameo appearance on their doorstep first thing monday, and a website entry on their google review board will follow if it isnt fixed! Perhaps even naming and shaming them on here!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Hybrid S and VTiR
    Haven't seen you around Oakleigh fella, give us a wave if you see me!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Will do Pal - The car is a little unmemorable at the moment but if all goes to plan you will remember seeing me

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Need some advice - The retrimmer (proseat) has sent me two retrims for the front AFTER 9 WEEKS (he quoted 2-3!!) easily on of the worst experiences i have ever had in buying something!

Long story short he claims he doesn't have the pattern for my rears after i specifically asked him if he did (i would have gone elsewhere otherwise) Now i am stuck with two fronts and trying to find the rear ones.

I have been quoted $450 plus shipping for a rear retrim, but that requires me to remove the rear which is in a piss poor state and having to send it myself at my cost.

Any ideas/recommendations on who i can use locally at perhaps a more competitive price. I thought this style of rear seat in a 3G was fairly common.

Last edited by SnowWhiteLude; 7th December 2009 at 08:11 AM.