Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS

Exclamation SnowWhiteLude's 3G lude Transformation!

Hey all - after two years of driving the 'bomb' of a lude i bought for $1200 i have now started the "transformation" of it, with the dream of making it the whip that I drive to turn heads, rather than get to work or pick up some milk...

So far I have got some small things done:

- Replaced dizzy
    - Replaced alternator
    - CATZ H4 9003 HID AQUA WHITE JDM 4150k headlights
    - Pioneer DEH-6850 head unit
    - Dual 600 watt XB-120 Philips 12-inch subs - Details of Subs for furture reference:

Fs: 28hz
    Vas: 89.7L/3.17cu.ft
    Qts: .43
    Qes: .46
    Qms: 7.42
    Re (DC): 3.2
    Sd: .05m squared
    Power (Continuous): 150WRMS
    Sensitivity: 94db
    Frequency Range: 25-900 Hz
    Response: 18-3000hz

- Sony amp wiring
    - 560 watt Audiomaster Amp (running subs)

Bought but yet to be installed

- Full blue LED interior conversion ( speedo, aircon, door courtesy lights,)
    - Full rear LED SMD conversion (24 led brake and indicator lights, 19 LED reverse lights
    - Full LED front end conversions - 8 LED SMD front & indicators, and Parkers.
    - Car Alarm - LCD remote, remote start, microwave sensor, 5000 mtr range, shock sensor
    - JDM S1 fogs with full wiring etc
    - JDM digital climate control
    - JDM steering Wheel
    - JDM stock original front and rear floor mats in A1 condition
    - JDM Folding Mirrors
    - JDM Front and rear seats, re-trimmed leather with white/black theme
    - Blue interior neons (Front rear footwells, front air vents, door pockets and handles
    - 8 LED SMD Interior light
    - Green underbody neons (2x 36 inch & 2 x 48 inch) with full remote control
    - Blue Neon boot lighting
    - Bonnet Scoop
    - Integra Side skirts
    - Mandrel-bent CAI accord intake
    - JDM B20A engine with 150xxx on the clock
    - JDM S1 cluster
    - New Door trim (Vinyl/Carpet) and parcel shelf retrim (Vinyl) both black and white.
    - New Cut loop black carpet.
    - Full black interior re-spray with minimal white highlights

And the few things left to pay for that have already been arranged -
    *Full respray - likely to be minus engine bay - in either fluoro yellow or black with purple/green or purple/blue tint
    *Re-tint (20%)

Still trying to decide on what driving lights to buy - seen a pair of "glos in the dark" driving lights...roughly the size of a 25 pack of cigarettes...but may just go with some standard white ones same size with a blue tint on the lens.....

Pics and possible write-ups for other members to come in the near future....

Ambition meeting imagination coupled with innovation....

WATCH THIS SPACE...
    Last edited by SnowWhiteLude; 5th September 2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Grammar Grammar Grammar!

Generation
    Other Honda
    Sounds good. Which integra sideskirts do you have for it? I'm assuming DC?
    Apostrophes for plurals, Ashwee says no.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    JDM ITR Stock side skirts? White ones in the background...will need some work to fit, and ALOT of cosmetic work, but gottem' cheap cheap..http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9506/img0612dyb.jpg

Leviathan86

Thumbs up

i'll be watching you lol. Good luck man sounds awesome.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Sounds intense! I myself will also be watching this space Have you though about black with the fluro yellow tint? (if that would work =/?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    +1 it's stiffness that counts. Not Diameter. At least thats what the wife tells me.
    (not sure she knows that much about cars though)

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Quote Originally Posted by Veilside View Post
    Sounds intense! I myself will also be watching this space Have you though about black with the fluro yellow tint? (if that would work =/?)
    No it actually had never crossed my mind but i like - certainly an option....

That will be the last step, after i figure out a little more on the "rust removal" side of the restoration... Saw the $200 'Lude on here so seems like a little research, commonsense, and a bit of time should see that done without too much fuss....I Hope..

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    hey snowwhitelude,..dun for get that rear wiper!!!post some pics up when it's done..can't wait to see..come to boxhill and pick the clock cover up mate.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Quote Originally Posted by kitti1213 View Post
    hey snowwhitelude,..dun for get that rear wiper!!!post some pics up when it's done..can't wait to see..come to boxhill and pick the clock cover up mate.
    Yep will do soon - and yeah that will either mean getting glass cutting drill bits to transplant the wiper unit, which is a PITA, or transplant the whole rear window.....

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    sound like you have a bit of work to do, should look very nice wen finshed

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    This weekend is set aside to install the air intake, and maybe realign my front bar so bit by bit - deadling for completition of this stage is Jan 2010....then on to engine mods !!!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Just ordered some diamond cut headlights through Ozeparts - 7x6 - hope these are the right ones? (Anyone?) IIRC have seen others on here talking about them....part of my ambitious plan to mount 140mm halo's inside them that will come one with my parkers and driving lights....

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si4ws Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteLude View Post
    Just ordered some diamond cut headlights through Ozeparts - 7x6 - hope these are the right ones? (Anyone?) IIRC have seen others on here talking about them....part of my ambitious plan to mount 140mm halo's inside them that will come one with my parkers and driving lights....
    Yeah they are the right ones, i had them in my old lude, and you can get the front clear covers off quite easily with the oven or hot air gun method to do your retro-fit
    ~Ian~

Anything thing I say is my opinion, all care, but no responsibility taken.

1989 Prelude Si Turbo - Laguna gold - Progress thread index or My Garage
    Prelude Australia POTM - June 2009 ..... Prelude Power POTM - July 2010
    2006 CBR1000RR - Silver Metallic - Clicky

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Sweet! You just made my day! Thanks!

Any idea on how big of a halo light i could fit inside there? I am looking at either 140mm, 110mm, or 100mm? As i have never seen anyone else do it guessin no one has bothered to measure the inside taking into consideration the angles of the reflectors etc....

I am guessin six inches across (so about 150mm) minus casing and allowing for the angle to reduce the width to under 140mm etc 110mm is the best i can do? Any flaws in my logic?

Also just scored a Accord Lip today....picking up sunday!
    Last edited by SnowWhiteLude; 7th October 2009 at 08:44 PM.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Well after much deliberation and umming and ahhing by myself, and getting "permission" from my girl to spend up a fair whack prior to our holiday, I have decided to complete the transformation on the JDM i picked up about 4 months ago rather than the AUDM I currently have up and running.

Sure, it may not be the easiest option, both paperwork wise and physically, now needing to re-fit all the globes, HU, amp, sub, cabling, speakers, distributor, battery, etc, etc.

It will mean though I save trying to transfer the rear wiper, DCC, seats, fogs, folding mirrors, & B20A engine from the JDM, alot of which is work someone else would have been getting paid to do anyway. The AUDM seems to have a knack of hiding rust too, which it has become more and more apparent the more i start to work on it, which means i would be spending quite a bit of time myself and money also on repairing alot of it (Some of the figures thrown around were around what it looks like costing me to get the JDM up to scratch.)

The Black 1988 JDM is off works done for the RWC courtesy of Adam @ In & Out Motors Huntingdale, which is due to be completed next week (trust me to pick a week with a public holiday in it!) then VASS courtesy of Rowan @ Car-tech in Hawthorn.

Family friend who is a professional Upholsterer is on stand by, (and keeps bugging me aout when it will all happen) with the car seat re-trim and all materials for the interior re-trim sitting on stand-by and waiting to go in my garage. new glo in the dark Driving lights by APC, new diamond cut headlights, all interior blue neon's and various SMD globes are also now in the garage (or on the AUDM) and alarm installer has been arranged for the aftermarket unit.

All that is really left to do is fit everything - which is sure to be not as straight forward as I anticipate, & to buy is rego but will be transferring that from the AUDM, picking up the new carpet from Know Carpets, and arrange the time (and money which is the hard bit after all the expense so far) for the respray. Also looking at a body kit but that is on hold until i secure that elusive VASS cert so i can be sure i have the ability to show it off....

Stay tuned - as progress may have been pretty slow so far but, i have charged the batteries for the camera, and i think i can just start to see light at the end of the tunnel...and i hope its my new driving lights fitted and glowing in the dark!
    Last edited by SnowWhiteLude; 30th October 2009 at 10:59 AM.

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    shouldnt take too long... i wudnt imagine more than a day? you're shifting all audm stuff into the jdm right?