• Matte black

8 16.33%
  • Other - Please specify in the thread

2 4.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Generation
    4th Gen

What Colour ?? ..

hey guys . as im planning to go for a respray very soon, im still contemplating on what colour i should spray my 4th gen prelude ?

ive got the Championship White, with that colour, i would be going for a very stock jdm type r look ! u know ur standard, white car white rims red recaros etc etc etc .

ive got the Matt Black, with that colour, i would be going for a very ghetto kinda car .. something thats got the american muscles kinda look to it without the chromies ( not to mention this full respray would cost me only $500 )

then ive got the GTR Midnight Purple, with that colour, id be going for a metro style kinda look u know, midnight purple, gold rims, u know that bling bling kinda look but jdm styles

please let me know what your opinion is ! it would be greatly appreciated comming from prelude enthusiasts !

ps: i dont know how to make this into a poll thread so yeah, haha please excuse me for that
    Last edited by willyb; 23rd August 2009 at 03:55 PM.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Championship white speaks for itself on the LED NINJA's car

Matt black looks shit on anything with a build date after 12/12/1959. The rat rod look simply looks cheap on anything other than a rat rod - I mean the rat rods' entire reason for existance was to be a budget friendly hot rod, and matt black is an easy colour to apply and to touch up. This is also why the drifters who aren't very good paint their cars matt black, so they can touch it up with a $10 spray can if they smash the thing.

Not to mention if you're spending all tha tmoney on a respray, you'd surely want the car to look nice and shiny when it's finished? Matt black never will.

As for the midnight purple, it's a colour that suits the GT-R very well, as for what it looks like on a Prelude will be up to the beholder. Because regardless of how many people love it, there will no doubt be just as many who hate it. PA is full of very conservative people, many who baulk at the idea of anything wildly different, and a purple Prelude is def wildly different.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Purple of white, tough call. I wouldn't go matt black, needs sharper lines to pull it off in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    +1 it's stiffness that counts. Not Diameter. At least thats what the wife tells me.
    (not sure she knows that much about cars though)

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    ^Such as a series 2 3rd gen from SA
    <a href=http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42730 target=_blank>http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...ad.php?t=42730</a>
    Back to it's former glory... Almost.

Generation
    Non Honda
    the midnight purple needs a tough car to pull it off, for example a pulsar GTi-R

^^Not actually M.N.P but you get the idea.

The 4th gen just isnt tough enough to pull it off IMO. Id go a graphite metallic EG the current toyota graphite.

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    i rekn go the midnight purple. be different. i rekn it'd look hot.

Quote Originally Posted by brash22 View Post
    Matt black looks shit on anything with a build date after 12/12/1959. The rat rod look simply looks cheap on anything other than a rat rod - I mean the rat rods' entire reason for existance was to be a budget friendly hot rod, and matt black is an easy colour to apply and to touch up. This is also why the drifters who aren't very good paint their cars matt black, so they can touch it up with a $10 spray can if they smash the thing.
    i have to disagree.. i've seen some lambo's and some ferrari's in matte black that look unbelievable! (altho if i had either, it wouldnt be in matte black lol.. these still look insane). naturally it has to be quality job, not a spray can one.

Quote Originally Posted by Veilside View Post
    Purple of white, tough call. I wouldn't go matt black, needs sharper lines to pull it off in my opinion.
    that's a really good point... the 3rd gen as gumus mentioned has sharper lines. Dont think the matte black would suit a 4th gen...
    Last edited by hiru; 23rd August 2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: pics added

Generation
    4th Gen
    originally i wanted midnight purple coz, when i was a kid, i use to think the prelude was a scary car driven by mysterious people, and it reminded me of the phantom the cartoon . not too sure if u guys know what im talking about but yeah . and i thought those to go together !

would anyone be able to photoshop a midnight purple prelude for me ??

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    It's Tony!

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    ATTS
    Matt black with Gigantic Rear Spoiler = BATMOBILE!!!!

But srsly championship white..from a distance will just look white like any other normal car on the road until you get up close and notice the metallic speckles. M.N.P. I rekon is pretty cool, aggressive and a dark tone but please don't get that flashy purple from the Pulsar above, it will ruin the classy look of the prelude.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by hiru View Post
    i have to disagree.. i've seen some lambo's and some ferrari's in matte black that look unbelievable! (altho if i had either, it wouldnt be in matte black lol.. these still look insane). naturally it has to be quality job, not a spray can one.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/atta...-ferrari-1.jpg

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content...image_main.jpg
    Sorry, I'm not sold. And while I'll admit that the Brabus Bullit features rather highly on my list of dream cars (something about a Bi-Turbo V12 in a mid size car...) I'd pass on the optional paintwork because I think it looks retarded. I refer to what I said above, if you spend a bunch of money on a new paint job, you'd surely want it to be nice and shiny, which matt black never will be.

Generation
    4th Gen
    but heres where im havin trouble deciding . for championship white, id be looking at a rough price of around 2.5k with the midnight purple, id be looking at a rough price of probably around 4k but with matt black, id lookin at a rough price of $500 ( very very veeeerry good quality paint job as well, as ive seen that matt black work on my mates EH civic sedan )

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si
    i think the midnight purple would work well, another that looks good is the dark blue, but that's a stock color. go the purple i think, i wanted that on my car.
    it can pull off the sorta metro look but also could pull off a jdm look too i think, with a body kit, the right rims and a decent sized spoiler happening.

Generation
    4th Gen
    hahah not really a fan of the whole bodykit and spoiler thing

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Flying Broomstick
    midnight purple 4g look HOT!
    Imitation is the best form of flattery

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model