Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Generation
    2nd Gen
    Model
    but upgraded.

Manifolds and Carbs

Given that funds are going to impact on my build more than anything I'd like to see what you think about the rowland manifold... If it's anything like other manifolds I've seen come out of SA it should be kick arse.. I was born there and my mechanic in Perth was dynamite with carbs.. kept buggin me to get webbers on my lude...

I was pretty sure the redline's are all sold out and no longer in prooduction. Plus they are SUPER exepensive brand new... And then there's alwas the autoquip manifold. Dennis will knock one up if you give him about a month. Reasonable price too.

I see webbers and dellorto's (40mm) going on ebay all the time.. do you ever check them out. SOme time they o for as chep as $230 a pair and then all you need is one of those webber books and a rebuild kit and you'r on the road for about $350 (plus manifold)....

Anyhoo... good luck if I come acroos good suff I'll let you know.

Generation
    2nd Gen
    Model
    EX
    Thanks mate, I have seen some on eBay so far, but more often not as pairs.

Rowland manifolds only come out to a couple of hundred dollars, from what I have heard they are really good too. Redline are much more expensive, but they do still make them! I emailed them a while ago, and they say they do.

Do let me know if you see any webers or delortos.
    2nd Gens rule!

Generation
    2nd Gen
    Model
    EX
    Just double checked, Rowland Stantons manifold (rowland manifolds south africa) costs AU$238 in total including shipping. He says it will fit 5 different heads, with only the bolt hole pattern differing so he likes to get a photo of the gasket and gasket part number to be certain. But I think basically it is for an A20.

For $238 including shipping you really cant go wrong. I plan on porting and polishing mine too.
    2nd Gens rule!

Generation
    2nd Gen
    Model
    but upgraded.

Rowland intake

holy crapola that's a good price... Let me know when you're ready to do it and hopefully I have the cash to go in with you.

My engine is an ES2 - by doing a little poking around apparently they can be problematic for intakes but I may have to pull the intake off and have a look to be sure. I'll have a hunt around and even ask Rich on PP and see what he reckons...

Will let you know about those webers and delortos too.
    Z.

P.S. I'll ask my cousin if he's heard of this Rowland Stanton

Generation
    2nd Gen
    Model
    EX
    Sweet, I'll let you know. About the ES, if you had to, I'm sure there probably be other heads you could use. Shoot rowland an email to check - see if you can find an ES gasket picture or part number to send him so he can confirm. This is a picture of the stock he works with. He said it will fit 5 heads - just different bolt patterns.

2nd Gens rule!

Generation
    2nd Gen
    Model
    but upgraded.

Intake pic

I can't see that pic mate.. fancy reposting it?

Generation
    2nd Gen
    Model
    EX
    Sorry, Ill upload the pic tonight- it was off an email and didn't hotlink - well it did til I closed gmail.

H
    2nd Gens rule!

Generation
    2nd Gen
    Model
    EX
    Sorry for the delay: Here is the photo:

To repeat: $238 Australian including postage
    2nd Gens rule!

Generation
    2nd Gen
    Model
    but upgraded.
    Dude.. a work of art.. I'm gonne clean my engine tomorrow and get the engine number then try and track down the correct gasket for the intake...

On another note.. got a pair of KYB GR2's today.. Can't wait til I get them.. from the states!

Then I'll order the reasr and handling should go up a billion fold!

Generation
    2nd Gen
    Model
    EX

KYBs

Nice one! Let me know how they go, I thought about getting KYBs too but would rather get whole coilovers, I might try to get civic ones. It's just I only really need shocks, it already has lowering springs but the shocks are far gone. I need the shocks to be really stiff for when I put the body kit on so it doesn't bounce at all when I go over bumps and risk damaging the kit. So considering the KYBs will be cheaper than coilovers I might get them instead.

Back to the manifold illustration, - just to reiterate - I don't know what gasket that is in the illustration, but that manifold will suit all the A or E engines with the a20 style inlet ports. They just machine the manifold to suit and use the gasket number to confirm what they are doing.

Also, I asked Rowland about if he sells DCOE45s and he replied along the lines of "they are very rare but when we can get them 45s are like gold - go for 3000 to 4000 rand". I think 4000rand is around AU$650 which is actually pretty good. But he doesn't sell them.
    2nd Gens rule!

Generation
    2nd Gen
    What an ugly car lol

It has come a long way keep those dcoe updates coming you know where to update them to ...

Generation
    2nd Gen
    Nice clean ride mate i like Giver her a nice drop and your laughen! I got a set o the hurricane headers a few months back and they made a world of difference. I think a nice set of light weight 15s in gold and a drop and u got a freaking sweet ride

Generation
    2nd Gen
    Model
    EX
    Quote Originally Posted by FMN716 View Post
    What an ugly car lol

It has come a long way keep those dcoe updates coming you know where to update them to ...
    LOL damn south africans spamming up our forum!

Well I think you know what has been updated with the DCOEs ;-)

I just realised I've hardcore been neglecting the PA forum. But then again, I don't know how interested people here would be to know about the development of my build plans... Let me know if you are... it has come a long way!
    2nd Gens rule!

Generation
    2nd Gen
    Model
    EX
    Quote Originally Posted by dvs_ride View Post
    Nice clean ride mate i like Giver her a nice drop and your laughen! I got a set o the hurricane headers a few months back and they made a world of difference. I think a nice set of light weight 15s in gold and a drop and u got a freaking sweet ride
    You think gold rims would look good against a silver car? I never thought they would but I do love gold rims. Nice old jdm mesh style rims.
    2nd Gens rule!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Do you think you could retrofit that middle prelude tailight in a third gen? You bought that stock right? Some JDM shit?