Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTIR
    Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    beleive me its not because of u
    Im not saying it is. But something keeps bringing you back. Clearly if the place was the "giant heap of smouldering burnt out rubble" you want us to believe it is, you would have moved on by now. Just my opinion.
    Project Joan Rivers
    The Old Bitch Gets A Facelift
    Coming Soon!

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Yes their are a few problems,

But firstly A lot of people do good things and invest their time and money into cruises and things for charity, which is appreciated.

But the thing is this forum was once a great community where every one got along,
    no one dissed any other members, every one was cool, we even had a joke or two thrown around..No one had a arrogant attitude and every one got along fine.

Now you have new members which I wont name, with a very arrogant attitude coming into thread some times that don't even relate to their state, or their interest posting junk acting like idiots.

They start posting bull shit...I mean why do I want to come onto a forum that does not have a fun loving attitude...Even if you dont own a Prelude any more you might have a interest in then becuase you owned 2, and you have a wealth of knowledge for new members.

That's what kept PA alive in the old days..Today it seems that PA is mostly a Melbourne based forum. We have seen most of the Old school NSW people go away..I don't even see them post much any more...
    My Cars
    5.2001 BMW e46 320I Executive [SOLD]
    4.1997 Honda Integra [sold]
    3.1994 Honda Prelude SI [sold]
    2.1989 Honda Prelude SI [sold]
    1.1993 Mazda Mx6 Gen2 [sold]
    [SIZE="1"]
    Automotive

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    ^ I agree with what you've pointed out in your post Jamie.
    PA is still awesome for me but there's just something about it that I just can't put into words. It has somewhat changed in my opinion. ie. the fun and joking nature of PA has sort of vanished. it's just too serious nowadays.

but that's just my thought. thanks for creating this thread to hear everyone's thoughts.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTIR
    Quote Originally Posted by Connections View Post
    Yes their are a few problems,

That's what kept PA alive in the old days..Today it seems that PA is mostly a Melbourne based forum. We have seen most of the Old school NSW people go away..I don't even see them post much any more...
    As i said to somebody else though, is it possible that its just part of evolution. People come and go. Old people move on in life and find other things, perhaps a family, kids, sometimes even their careers mean they have less time to contribute to PA. Sometimes its something that is completly unavoidable, regardless of how good or bad the site is.
    Project Joan Rivers
    Coming Soon!

Generation
    4th Gen
    ok first of all, who or what the hell is RT? im confused....

I'm not a fan of those rating bar things on Ozhonda, ive been on there for so many years, but because im too intimidated by the morons on that site, i dont make many comments, therefore i still do not qualify as a full member or some crap like that... it puts people on power trips and it makes them think they can shut other people down, this does not make for a happy forum!

Secondly, there needs to be more activities organised like other members have mentioned. When i first signed up, we had regular End of Month meets/cruises... These meets/cruises also need to be organised all over melbourne (or any other state for that matter) so all members can be involved, it pisses me off that our meets are in the same area all the time, and some members have to drive for miles just to get to the meet point. Majority SHOULD not rule in this matter, if you want people to be more active, then you need to include everyone....

There doesnt seem to be as many 'characters' on PA anymore, which is something we cant control, but still it does make it a bit more boring....

In saying that, I think Brad is doing a fabulous job of running PA, everything you're doing lately is to benefit PA and its community... 2 thumbs up =)

Maybe some new merchandise could get people excited... and also, like drsilliez, is there any way we can make an iphone app, or mobile friendly site???

xxx

Generation
    Non Honda
    Lol, GOTM, that would fail, there is hardly any girls on this site, let alone active ones...

As for having active members in certain areas (As in, more members in Vic, with NSW losing members)..... Well.... Get used to it lol its a lonley thing... I think there is only 1 other active ACT member nowdays =[ There used to be afew!! I remember the first cruise we had (Just after I joined) that we actually had pics of... A whole 4 cars! 2 3rd gens a mirage and my galant
    The only thing we can do about lack of members is just promote ourselves as much as we can... Print off some of the flyers we have made up on here, and hand them out all over the place (Unless you live in canberra with public servents who think they are too good for PA)... Thats really the only thing we can do in relation to member numbers.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    S
    heres some constructive crit:

i dont know if its only me, but the one thing i've always disliked is this sentence:

"its not worth doing, your better off selling your car and buying a vtec"

i find as i read threads, especially relating to performance that alot of people will put down the non-vtecs and just say go buy a v-tec. prehaps a bit more encouragement to pa'ers who have an idea and not just blast them with mmmmmBAAAA talk, or it should be called prelude vtec australia. lol

another thing is, since i joined, the time i saw this community being seriously active was when our traders were active. in the red helped pa, as did all the other traders.

location of cruises does affect turnout, but i do like how brads alternated the location, to try and include members that dont like traveling all the way to the other side of melbourne. if west or north side get involved more in cruises it could allow for more activity on PA.

and i think lastly maybe having a articles written on topics that have been covered ie. xforce extractors the good n bad points, or spring n shock vs coilover combo.
    etc..
    cuz i use the search button like everyone else but it gets so repetitive sometimes.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    ^^ some actual valid criticism by karlos there. great points. Not just some rant about "the good ol' days".

m:0432 699 951 e:pujitha115@optusnet.com.au msn:peejayy@hotmail.com

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTIR
    Yeah I think we just need to accept that "the good ol days" are a thing of the past, and PA now has a new breed of members who have come through. Of course both Old Skool members and newer members all have a welcome place in this forum, but what doesnt help is the air of negativity that sometimes comes from both sides aimed towards the other.

Everybody has a potentially valid and important role and contribution to PA if they want to use that. But when an individual spends the better part of the last 12 months merely posting that things arent as colourful as they once were, I think with all due respect, sometimes that can be a sign to move on aswell and let PA continue on its way.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to you the members yourselves. Do you want to make a positive contribution into the future? Or do you want to merely reminicse about the old days.
    Project Joan Rivers
    Coming Soon!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    S
    I have read all the above posts and there are some good constructive points.

There is one thing that could be stopping others from attending cruises. Fair enough, the majority of Vic members are on the east side of Melbourne. But why should they get all the short cruises? Less wear and tear on their cars, running up less k's getting to and from meets but more importantly - the cost of fuel. Some may want to come to cruises but finances just aren't available.

With the move in bringing some of the cruises to the west or north side of Melbourne (Coburg drive-in) is a good move to allow all PAVIC members to enjoy the PA experience.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmylude View Post
    In saying that, I think Brad is doing a fabulous job of running PA, everything you're doing lately is to benefit PA and its community... 2 thumbs up =)

Maybe some new merchandise could get people excited...
    xxx
    As for the above quote, I couldn't have said it any better. Keep up the good work Brad (and crew), and it won't be long before PA will be bigger and better than before.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    The traders idea is a good one in my book.
    We pretty much have nothing in that department atm.
    <a href=http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42730 target=_blank>http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...ad.php?t=42730</a>
    Back to it's former glory... Almost.

Generation
    5th Gen
    all this place needs is active members. thats pretty much it

upgrading this site or w/e aint going to make it better if only like 15 people visit it a day.

This place needs more members, thats all. And i ALWAYS see chicks driving 5th gens around my area, i wonder if there on here .

No members = too many non forum girls buying the ludes

and i agree with the traders, definately need more.. but i think them setting up here is like, gunna b a dry market...

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    how bout a monthly newsletter/mini-magazine? u cld get in sponsors to advertise and get em distributed in diff states? juz an idea =p

prolly include useful contacts (workshops etc) tat PA members usually recommend to go to?
    Be responsible. Drive safely for goodness' sake.

Generation
    Non Honda
    what is RT?
    ]

Gold Member
    Generation
    5th Gen
    most people on here have very little money and yes as michael said itll b a dry market.

ffs i posted most of my stuff FS when i was parting out and for things that had been used for less than 3 months i posted it up at half price, there still will b a done of low ballers.

i think out of all the parts i have sold the only NON low ballers were charlay (luder88) and some guy who flew to perth cant remember his name.

good luck to the majority of PA buying brand new quality parts from PA...