Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC

Digital Photography

I recently bought a DSLR jointly with my gf (Nikon D60 - very basic entry level), and just thought it would be interesting to share some pics ive taken so far (excuse the mistakes, im still new at it)

Sorry if theres another thread, a brief search yielded nothing. Either way, anyone can comment and share suggestions that anyone can post up here. Feel free to post up any pictures your particularly proud of digicam or otherwise!

Heres my photos over NYE in sydney; The majority of the good ones were actualy taken by my girlfriend.

Camera: Nikon D60
    Lens1: 18-55mm NIKKOR DX VR
    Lens2: 50-200mm NIKKOR DX VR
    Image processing: Aperture 2 on OSX

I really need a new place to host photos. They all have lost their details when i uploaded them, damn photobucket. ANyone got any other good sites for hosting pics?

Leave comments, criticisms etc etc. Im still new to the world of DSLRs and manual settings so anything that can help will be really appreciated! Hopefully photobucket didnt lift the EXIF data from the images, so if you want specific details of shutter speeds, aperture and focal settings then you can get them from the image.

If anyone wants any full sized pictures, just let me know here, although im probably flattering myself

cheers.
    Last edited by peejayy; 5th January 2009 at 10:05 AM.

m:0432 699 951 e:pujitha115@optusnet.com.au msn:peejayy@hotmail.com

Generation
    4th Gen
    lol, i got myself a Canon 450D for Xmas and its still sitting in my room un-opened.......still pretty good pics for a beginner mate. That being said, I'm also a beginner so my praises probably isnt worth much. lol

Keep it up.

Did you get a Twin lense kit or did you buy them separately? I was waiting at a camera store during the stocktake sale and this guy bought a $2,600 lense!!! It was worth more than my camera! lol

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    The 18-55mm standard lens is the kit lens, the zoom lens was part of the deal. the quality of the zoom lens is impressive! All Nikkor lenses are great either way.

I want to get a few accessory lenses. Wouldnt mind a fish-eye lens

cheers for the comments. the 450D is a pretty powerful camera, hurry up and take some shots and let us have a look!!!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si
    There's some nice photos there mate There used to be a "share your photography" thread on here but it appears to have been swallowed by the internetz....
    Quote Originally Posted by brash22 View Post
    You sir are mad. Like lock you in the nuthouse mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabir View Post
    You sir are a prelude obsessed freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by hiru View Post
    you sir, are a prelunatic.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    cheers,

Anyone know where to buy cheap lenses? Im looking into buying an ultra-wide lens for some panaramic shots. Ken duncan style.

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    you could host the pictures yourself if you are worried about photobucket stuffing them..

some pica are good, ie the photo of the fire works on the bridge I really like that one.. but some are bad...like the photo of the black Ferrari?? its way too dark...
    My Cars
    5.2001 BMW e46 320I Executive [SOLD]
    4.1997 Honda Integra [sold]
    3.1994 Honda Prelude SI [sold]
    2.1989 Honda Prelude SI [sold]
    1.1993 Mazda Mx6 Gen2 [sold]
    [SIZE="1"]
    Automotive

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by Connections View Post
    you could host the pictures yourself if you are worried about photobucket stuffing them..

some pica are good, ie the photo of the fire works on the bridge I really like that one.. but some are bad...like the photo of the black Ferrari?? its way too dark...
    Ive thought about hosting pics myself, but I need to find out more about how i can make my own galleries, with thumbnails and maybe a bit of flash before i just put up some directory.

I purposely turned the contrast and black point up for that photo. Otherwise itd be just another typical i spotted a ferrari picture. seems like I acheived exactly what i wanted, give enough detail that you know its a ferrari, but not so much that the car is the only focus, still wanted to capture some of the landscape behind the car. THe original raw photo has all the details of the car... But maybe i should have composed the picture differently, with less emphasis on the car.

Cheers for the feedback though.

Generation
    5th Gen
    I had a Canon 450D regretting selling it now, but it was too big to carry around everywhere and i was always worried about getting it damaged. Pictures you can take with this are insane.

Good pictures, i can see what your doing with the ferrari shot but im still not convinced, love the other shots though

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    S
    i reckon they r really good.

That luna park one is pretty cool wit the reflection n everythin

Top stuff
    mmmmm vtec

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG71C View Post
    I had a Canon 450D regretting selling it now, but it was too big to carry around everywhere and i was always worried about getting it damaged. Pictures you can take with this are insane.

Good pictures, i can see what your doing with the ferrari shot but im still not convinced, love the other shots though
    Yeah, camera's are a great thing to have. Even a budget DSLR like mine. I think it will more than cater for my needs for a few years.

Im thinking the composition of the ferrari shot is wrong. Guess its confusing the viewer. When i was editing it i just wanted to make use of the great orange lighting from the sunset on the cars curves

Quote Originally Posted by ELUDED View Post
    i reckon they r really good.

That luna park one is pretty cool wit the reflection n everythin

Top stuff
    Yeah that seems to be popular to people that ive shown these photos to. People around me were giving me really weird looks because i was focussing my camera into a little puddle haha!

Keep the criticisms coming, the only way to really improve is to be told what works and what doesnt! Heres a few more than i wasnt 100% happy with but are "a worthy mention" in my opinion.

POST UP SOME PICTURES! would love to see what others have done with their cameras!
    Last edited by peejayy; 5th January 2009 at 12:54 PM.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    S
    wowza at the bridge with the fireworks, would make an awsum card, like gift card sorta thing....really nice

honestly that is really good, looks professional

thats talent n skill
    mmmmm vtec

Generation
    Other Honda
    they're some real great pics for a beginner!! im a beginner too, recently got a canon 450d and absolutely love it...

fav pic is the one of the barb wire..

most disliked is the ferrari pic...i can see what you went for but just didnt work..

Generation
    5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by peejayy View Post
    Yeah, camera's are a great thing to have. Even a budget DSLR like mine. I think it will more than cater for my needs for a few years.

Im thinking the composition of the ferrari shot is wrong. Guess its confusing the viewer. When i was editing it i just wanted to make use of the great orange lighting from the sunset on the cars curves
    i cant show you because i dont hve anything apart from paint on my laptop, however try lightening the blacks up a little so you can see a little more of the ferrari see how that goes

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Watch your horizon, the worlds going sideways in the second last bridge pic!

I mainly do macro photography, a lot of it just abstract stuff.. here are a couple of examples:

Quote Originally Posted by brash22 View Post
    You sir are mad. Like lock you in the nuthouse mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabir View Post
    You sir are a prelude obsessed freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by hiru View Post
    you sir, are a prelunatic.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    wow those are awesome pics! what are they pictures of? I like the first one alot even tho it kinda freaks me out!

What camera are you using and thanks for the thorizon tip, i did not think of that! cheers!