Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR ATTS
    Saw a car with exhausts bent into hearts the other day. Also saw a corolla with bently stickers.

Toyota also have hydrogen cars. Heaps of issues with using hydrogen though such as how to produce, transport and store it effectively. At least you can still burn it though. Electric motors are fine, but I want a car that can make a nice noise and not from speakers mounted on the underside. Producing petrol using the sun and air would work for me to.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by PreludeTAS View Post
    Its unfortunate news for us as motorists, but Honda are a clever company...I don't see Honda as losing the plot... instead I see it as Honda acting rapidly, taking appropriate measures to save the brand - and get in before anyone else.
    This man is correct. As emotional as I was with the decision, I think I'd rather see Honda can their new supercar than be asking the government for a few billion dollar loan.

Quote Originally Posted by safetycar View Post
    Toyota also have hydrogen cars. Heaps of issues with using hydrogen though such as how to produce, transport and store it effectively. .
    Toyota have developed well with the Hydrogen technology, but Mazda are in front again. They've already got a fleet of leased to the public hydrogen cars running around in a factory sponsored test in Tokyo. The Mazda2 was the world's first hydrogen car for public use.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    sign of things to come...

toyota just dropped TRD too
    http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...eID=59808&vf=7

Generation
    Other Honda
    well if your not gonna buy a gt-r then i think the only nessessary thing to do is throw on a twin turbocharger kit on your LS3 powered gts can never have too much torque
    "If sparks don't fly your rides' too high"

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    well if your not gonna buy a gt-r then i think the only nessessary thing to do is throw on a twin turbocharger kit on your LS3 powered gts can never have too much torque
    Lol, all that torque isn't much use when it goes up in a cloud of tyre smoke. GT-R doesn't have a heap of power, but it gets it to where it matters . . . the ground.

Anyway, it's sad that they have canned it, but in the end the NSX was just going to be a hero car, a branding excersise. It was always going to make a loss due to the R & D and production cost and low volume. Honda is putting it's R & D Yen where it counts now, and that's in the Hydrogen fuel cell car.

The latest EP of Top Gear demonstrated the potential of the hydrogen fuel cell car so well, there is even limited infrastructure in L.A (USA) for refueling now.

I am sure Honda will come back with a stonking car in the future. Remember that Honda's roots are in motorbikes, not cars. And they do make IMO is the best hyper bike in the world, the CBR1000 Fireblade.
    Last edited by racinghonda; 20th December 2008 at 07:38 AM.

Generation
    5th Gen
    im sure once honda realise they r losing the plot..and economic times are more prosperous..we mite see it back on the cards or maybe a new 6th generation prelude!!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Oh god, dont start that again...
    They've got themsleves a nice little coupe/2door/convertible in the 50-70k range in the s2k, they wouldnt need another low volume coupe to add to their trouble
    <a href=http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42730 target=_blank>http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...ad.php?t=42730</a>
    Back to it's former glory... Almost.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    ^^ That's it exactly. Sports coupes don't make money unless you're Porsche. They're now focussing on what they do best, and that's high quality, economical and practical cars. I have a bad feeling though that Honda may have been relying too heavily on credit to fund their growth. They're supposed to be opening a couple of new factories in India, Turkey and a new R & D facility in Tokyo . . . all these have been put on hold now.

They'll now focus on their bread and butter cars, the high volume cars that the majority of the population are after. For the car enthusiast, it'll just be the S2000, CTR and Euro R. Ironic now that the quickest car in the Honda lineup is the JDM CTR.

It's also worth pointing out that the credit crunch has even hit Toyota, with the car maker pulling the plug on TRD.
    Last edited by racinghonda; 21st December 2008 at 12:12 PM.

Generation
    Other Honda
    It's strange to complain about them killing the NSX when no one on here owns one, and most likely no one ever will?

Admitedly it sucks, and I'm shocked about TRD too, but meh, I'd struggle to afford a 10 year old NSX right now, let alone a new one.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si-VTEC
    Well I guess the bottom line is, if you want a high performance Honda, get one of these

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    ATTS
    im trying ^

It's a shame all the 250s are ugly by honda (IMO)

and bula, the 6th gen preludes not needed, they have the new legend showing off all the new tech instead of the prelude (SH-AWD bebeh!) MAYBE they could make a 2 door legend....nah probably wont happen

TRD being dropped is sad as well.

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    ***ui
    ??

I'm dissapointed but what are you gonna do. gotta try get my hands on a prototype nsx

next car i think i'll be going euro.... not really much in the way of jap cars that tickle my fancy anymore. cept the nissans, but the only problem is the get the crap beaten out of em so its not easy to find a straight, looked after one....

Generation
    Non Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lude View Post
    and bula, the 6th gen preludes not needed, they have the new legend showing off all the new tech instead of the prelude (SH-AWD bebeh!) MAYBE they could make a 2 door legend....nah probably wont happen
    Behold, the Honda Legend Coupe.

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    if they wud get the rear's of those things in order i'd consider it in the future.. but the rear of that car is just butt ugo in my op

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Sad fact of the matter is that 90% of the members here would never afford a brand new 6th Gen lude if they ever came out. It would be around the $60k mark (fully optioned 5th Gen driveaway for $50k). A 2nd hand NSX is around the $50-$60k mark . . .