Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Very nice car mate, love the orange rim even.
    H22 turbo..... not bad dude not bad at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachExperiment View Post
    Its good to be king!!!!

Generation
    5th Gen
    i lovee this car!!! EGP REPPIN!! dont sell ur cAR!

Generation
    5th Generation
    Quote Originally Posted by watties View Post
    is it mostly girls in this 'group'
    and does it have anything to do with the size of the *ahem* "turbo's"?
    No0o0o0o LMAO its actually ALL GUYS!!! im the only girls

its supposed to mean
    "as good as double d's"
    BB6SquaD Member # 16

Generation
    5th Generation
    Quote Originally Posted by VCobra View Post
    Very nice car mate, love the orange rim even.
    H22 turbo..... not bad dude not bad at all.
    i liek teh orange too LOL
    should of had both orange for the shoot LOL

Quote Originally Posted by [NAV] View Post
    i lovee this car!!! EGP REPPIN!! dont sell ur cAR!
    THANKS!!!!! ur car actually looks alot like mine wen i have the silver rims on all fours
    LOL except i dont have the fog lights
    BB6SquaD Member # 16

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    damn NAV and his fog lights. Im so close to breaking into his house and stealing them its not funny....

Speaking of which, i might have fog lights, painted lip kit and 5 spoke wheels on my car v soon. And if im lucky maybe GC sleeves and tokico shocks....

m:0432 699 951 e:pujitha115@optusnet.com.au msn:peejayy@hotmail.com

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Very nice my friend, have you taken it to the track for the qtr mile run?

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by gReY-oNe View Post
    ^^ pretty easy
    Turbo:
    i have a to4 with a t3 flange rated at 500hp
    Garret turbo

Intercooler/Radiator:
    yeah i have a standard radiator and a pretty small intercooler i dont have exact size will get for u

and no i have never had any over heating problem.
    the manifold makes alot of heat and heats up ur bonnet so recommended u heat tape it and heat sheild the bonnet but its normal as oil and water temp is always fine

Engine:
    nothing has been done to the motor since the start and everythign is fine

its currently gettin sleeves pistons cams and of course retainers valve springs all the standard stuff to build the motor nothing really flash

Accessories:
    Were you able to keep Aircon/PowerSteer/Cruise Control i didnt have to remove anything but the cruise control, just to fit the catch can.
    The kit alone kept everything

ECU/Tuning:
    yeah it was tuned right away as soon as i could get it tuned.
    before that u have to drive it super careful off boost and very low throttle.
    Tuned with a hondata s100 << does its job

Clutch:
    Aftermarket clutch
    i had a exedy heavy dudty in it before the turbo and it failed
    so get somethign stronger
    currently using a competition clutch stage 4

Power:
    yes i have dyno sheets
    there sittin in the car will take pics of it right after the tuning
    it was awhile back but that the best i can do for when the car just came out
    on the sheet its makin 173kw
    *pics tonight*

Sorry about so many questions, I like to hear about peoples setups/learn from others mistakes etc. I am building my H22 turbo setup (as you've probably seen my thread) and am getting into the nitty gritty.

GOOD LUCK!!
    LOL!! ok let me start with mistakes. im lucky enough to not encounter many but really small ones
    BUT!!!! i started with a stock exhaust OMG car was a load of shit.
    Got the 3inch exhaust and hadda get a retune which was a waste of money as i could of save on one round of tuning but all worth it in the end
    Ummm i would change radiator hoses as mine expanded ALOT!!! lucky i found out in time and changed it to silicon ones nefore it blew up.
    And my rear housing is .86 which i think it alittle big for a stock motor and well lags abit, which kinda sucks. But over all im pretty happy with the way the car has turned out. It fun to drive, get some decent tyres and ur ready to go

Thanks for your replies. I am very impressed with your power figures on a stock motor. I'm hoping for around the 200kw mark without having to do internals and I think your setup is great.

Thanks for the tip about the clutch, I invested in a Exedy HD Cushion Button clutch - its the next step up from the HD Organic in the exedy range... Hopefuly it holds up but isnt too stiff.

Thanks also for the tips on the radiator hoses.
    RE: turbo size, I am pretty sure my rear housing is smaller than that so hopefuly it doesnt lag as yours does. At what kind of RPM does full boost come on?

I have to say, your dyno is very impressive, the power goes straight up. Very linear. Must be a blast to drive.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by gReY-oNe View Post
    AS PROMISED!!

I have NEVER seen a power graph that is SO LINEAR! i didn tthink it was possible on a VTEC motor cosnidering there will always be a cam profile change no matter how good the tuning!

but that is astonishing. you might as well have used a ruler to just link up the power from 0 to your peak there.

very very impressive. tahts one thing i want to get rid of - the vtec power surge by attempting to get more low down torque (but im NA and its never going to happen)

im amazed!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    sorry for the repost, but i cant edit...

I checked my dyno sheet, and used photoshop the match up the RPM on the x axis and the power on the Y axis very accurately, layered them ontop of eachother and traced over onto grey-ones graph;

this is the results to illustrate the power increase and curve benefits taht she has got over a stock motor (mine)

Generation
    Other Honda
    w00t girl power ... or something like that! hehe
    congrats. makes me sad i didn't have enough money to buy a 5th gen

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Oh another question, do you have a dyno sheet that shows Power vs Torque as opposed to A/F ratio (which looks good btw).
    I'd like to see the torque graph as I'm sure you'd be spinning the wheels in 1st/2nd around the 4900rpm mark...

Generation
    5th Generation
    Quote Originally Posted by AdReNaLiN View Post
    Thanks for your replies. I am very impressed with your power figures on a stock motor. I'm hoping for around the 200kw mark without having to do internals and I think your setup is great.

Thanks for the tip about the clutch, I invested in a Exedy HD Cushion Button clutch - its the next step up from the HD Organic in the exedy range... Hopefuly it holds up but isnt too stiff.

Thanks also for the tips on the radiator hoses.
    RE: turbo size, I am pretty sure my rear housing is smaller than that so hopefuly it doesnt lag as yours does. At what kind of RPM does full boost come on?

I have to say, your dyno is very impressive, the power goes straight up. Very linear. Must be a blast to drive.
    LMAO its is fun to drive my boost is a very gradual kick in
    it not like it lags then BAM boost so its more like a fast n/a to drive LOL
    i think full boost comes in around 4000 im not sure ill go out floor it and see

Quote Originally Posted by peejayy View Post
    I have NEVER seen a power graph that is SO LINEAR! i didn tthink it was possible on a VTEC motor cosnidering there will always be a cam profile change no matter how good the tuning!

but that is astonishing. you might as well have used a ruler to just link up the power from 0 to your peak there.

very very impressive. tahts one thing i want to get rid of - the vtec power surge by attempting to get more low down torque (but im NA and its never going to happen)

im amazed!
    LOL!!!! everyone who sees the graph says that
    wen i got it dynoed the guy thought it was n/a so i just went along with it.

Oh another question, do you have a dyno sheet that shows Power vs Torque as opposed to A/F ratio (which looks good btw).
    I'd like to see the torque graph as I'm sure you'd be spinning the wheels in 1st/2nd around the 4900rpm mark...
    yeah i do actually but i dont noe where i chucked that one
    i actually got 10kws more but i think it depends on teh dyno *shrugs*

and believe it or not im too scared to full throttle in the car LOL!!!!!

BTW adrenalin 200kw is a reachable mark on a h22a
    i wanted to reach that on an unopened motor but then i may as well

apparently changing the IM to a ITR one will help opposed to the ludes one

for the 1/4 mile question ill be out there in 2 weeks and will post time sheets
    im hoping for a 13second pass LOL 13.99999999 ill be happy chappy

Quote Originally Posted by peejayy View Post
    sorry for the repost, but i cant edit...

I checked my dyno sheet, and used photoshop the match up the RPM on the x axis and the power on the Y axis very accurately, layered them ontop of eachother and traced over onto grey-ones graph;

this is the results to illustrate the power increase and curve benefits taht she has got over a stock motor (mine)

there is a change wen vtec kicks in on ur car

everytime someone looks at my graph they point at the slight drop in power at 6000rpm and yell
    VTEC KICKED IN YO!!!
    BB6SquaD Member # 16

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Interesting ITR intake manifold on a H22a I've never heard of that being done before.
    I am tossing up between boring out/porting/polishing the stock intake manifold or just leaving it stock.

I hope I get a graph as linear as yours

Generation
    5th Generation
    Interesting ITR intake manifold on a H22a I've never heard of that being done before.
    I am tossing up between boring out/porting/polishing the stock intake manifold or just leaving it stock.

I hope I get a graph as linear as yours
    YEAH!! im doin the ITR IM
    its alot cheaper
    and apparently is a good investment but u would have to get a fabricator to tinker with it i think
    ill let u noe how it goes no point spending heaps of money

o0o0o0o and one more thing please please please BOX UR FILTER!! it does alot

good luck who u planning to tune it with and wat ecu ?
    BB6SquaD Member # 16

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    I'll be tuning with an Integra ECU chipped and running Crome (its a freeware alternative to Hondata). I have the car running off the ECU already with a fairly stock tune.

I found a local tuner who said he'd give it a go - so I think i'll go with him.

I'm hoping to run some kind of intake from one of the nostrils in the front bumper of my 4th gen to a boxed filter...

Looking forward to hearing about your ITR intake manifold. Is there somewhere I can take a look at other people's results from the ITR manifold? or is it something you're doing to try out?