Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by i4560011 View Post
    I love it! Where do I sign?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lude View Post
    Corvette is one of those companies that will not add extra technologies and add more weight with time, they are all about racing. (ok the on windscreen speedo is an extra but that is totally sweet and could be used for racing too)

I am all about hondas but my favorite car in the whole world is the new corvette Love 'em. Good luck to the NSX replacement crew though, I'd love to see the NSX be the track king of japan
    I disagree there - Chevrolet have proven with the soon to be released Volt that they can keep up with technology just as much as everybody else. Just when it comes to making big power numbers they've got their respective heads up their arse, and won't move from the 'no replacement for displacement' monika. If the new ZR-1 is that quick around the 'Ring now, imagine how good it would be with an engine of similar power that weighed maybe 2/3 of what the LS9 donk does. ie, the 2JZ for example weighs bugger all in comparison, yet would easily make the same power.

Now as a self confessed lover of just about all things with V8s, I'm not advocating that everyone puts 2JZs in their 'vettes, I'm just trying to make a point. The LS9, while it's power output is huge, but it's a supercharged 6.2L V8, I'd expect it to. The intercooled supercharger that sits inside the V is ingenious as well.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Hmm, mixed feeling of this.

I'm not sure on the styling...like, it certainly doesn't look bad, but I don't really think most new Jap car styling matches up to the older Jap car styling. Post 2000, in an attempt to look 'sleeker' everything just looks fatter. DC5 vs DC2 for example.

That being said, it looks a lot better than the R35 (which I never really liked in terms of styling anyway).

And watching the YouTube video of the laps of Nurburgring...*drooool* that sound. It sounds like an F1 car! Damn. I wonder if it has VTEC too. Imagine that - VTEC on a V10. It'd like, throw you into hyperspace!

Though, I'm wondering why they went FR instead of MR. Was FR a better idea in terms of pure speed? Or did they want to a appeal to a wider audience, or directly compete with the GTR (Ie, did they choose FR as a compromise, or as the best choice?). I'd imagine it's to compete with the GTR, because everyone would forgive the R34 being beaten by the NSX-R because the R34 was a normal car - that you could practically use, while the NSX-R was only a cruise/trackcar.

Actually the GTR is only a medicore car compared to some
    I disagree on that. GTR is an amazing car because it's $150k AUD and it kills some supercars around the track. Hell, it keeps up very close with cars like the Enzo up until 200km/h (where it starts to fall away).

From an FR car which is also full of luxury and so (relatively) cheap - that is a lot more than mediocre.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    power and displacement gtr vr38dett twin turbo 3.8l
    nsx-x2010 5.5l v10???
    economy???
    New in box clearance sale end of line
    S/S Twin loop mufflers $145 delivered, Titanium RSR style mufflers $250
    Rare JDM 5th gen complete red interior for sale.

Model
    Si-TCV
    id assume that it would have variably cylinder management.

here we go.

"is news that the 5.5L V10 engine expected under the hood of the supercar will include relatively aggressive cylinder deactivation technology. The V10 will reportedly be able to cut its cylinder count in half by running as a 2.75L inline five-cylinder when its full capacity isn't needed. We would imagine that would be quite often, as the car's expected power output of six-hundred horses attests."
    Last edited by AYRTON; 27th November 2008 at 05:05 PM.
    04' Euro Luxury
    89' Prelude Si-TCV - crème de la crème of Prelude's
    PM me if you're interested in buying it.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    ATTS
    600bhp? i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarik View Post
    I'm wondering why they went FR instead of MR.
    The new rage these days is that they can make it mid engined so that the engine is behing the wheels at the front, and that it will handle quite well.

eg. one of the GT supras had its 2JZ replaced with the MR2 GTs motor (3sgte?) because it was smaller and could fit right up agaisnt the firewall, giving it excellent balance. I think this also makes it safer to the general rich guy/girl who pushes their very expensive car as it does not have the "snap oversteer" that MR cars have, so it is safer and more forgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by brash22 View Post
    Just when it comes to making big power numbers they've got their respective heads up their arse, and won't move from the 'no replacement for displacement' monika.
    This is more of a heritage thing, and while I understand that turbos arent as laggy and unpredicatble as they used to be, you cannot beat displacement for track predictability and response.

Not to mention, how many corvettes do you think they would sell if they went with a V6TT or something, the rednecks would buy something else.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    keep in mind honda has competed with turbos before, and done well with the TT setup. maybe wen theive exhausted all possible technologies with NAs they will move on.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lude View Post
    Not to mention, how many corvettes do you think they would sell if they went with a V6TT or something, the rednecks would buy something else.
    The rednecks would buy something else, but the genuine performance enthusiests wouldn't. You also have to remember that as new the Corvette is way out of the budget of the average Amereican redneck.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    ATTS
    true that, it is expensive the normal C6 is about 100 grand shipped here /cry