Page 9 of 103 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Beige Leather
    Quote Originally Posted by AdReNaLiN View Post
    I will be updating the screen install later in this thread as I will be going to a VGA monitor soon with my in-car PC.
    Trust me you wont regret it

make sure you get a good dc-dc converter for it if you are building your own setup. I ran an inverter for a year and a half, and then got a good converter with tonnes of startup/shutdown options...

you're pipework looks very professional. Top work!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    I'm looking for a Xenarc monitor - apparently better than the liliput VGA monitors.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Okay its been a long time because I havent had internet for 2 weeks at home... I'm at work at 12am posting this ish.. you guys better be happy with the progress!

Okay so first things first. I bought a S2k steering wheel from america for about $300bucks all up and it came with cruise control buttons. Before you think "uhh steve that wont fit the 4th gen spline..." I had a few ideas in mind.

I had purchased a 5th gen steering column with the thought that I could make some kind of BOSS kit to fit the wheel. This was a failure. However - the 4th gen prelude wheel has a welded on spline to it. This got me thinking - if honda can weld the spline on, SO CAN I!

So I got cutting on my spare 4th gen prelude non-airbag wheel.

I then cut the spline off the s2k wheel and had the prelude one welded on...

I then pulled off CAREFULLY my original 4th gen wheel and hacked up the 2 wiring harneses to make a hybrid s2k/4th gen airbag/cruise/horn harness inside the wheel.

AAAAAAAAAAND held my breath as i connected everything up and hooking the battery back up.....

Yes - this is the FIRST picture you will ever see of a s2k wheel on a 4th gen prelude.
    PLEASE do not go spreading it around the internets - it is NOT an easy thing to do - and I will NOT be helping anyone further with this project - it is NOT EASY and it can KILL YOU if you get it wrong. I am not going to be responsible for other people's airbags going off/not going off when they're supposed to... or not.

Anyway you get what I mean. NO HELP OK. This is all you get.

Review on the s2k wheel after having it in for a week - OMG AMAZING! best steering wheel ever made. period.

Okay now we're done with that, here's what happened to my car at the train station last week:

I will literally kill the ****ers that did this to my car. It is NOT funny and I will not tollerate it. I spent 3 hrs with bug&tar remover/polish/etc buffing that out of my door. On a work night too.

It is all off now - and I will have to get the car profesionally detailed so its nice and waxed and stuff so its easier to remove something like this next time...

Ok now THATs over.. onto good things:

High flow cat and flex pipe arrived...

Then good ole Bradmeister hooked me up with a K&N pod filter!

Then I went and bought some fittings from Pirtek and installed my Stealthmodeperformance.com oil line kit...

Turbo Oil Line:

Stock oil press sensor location:

Aftermarket oil press sensor to be mounted to firewall:

Aftermarket Oil Temp Sensor (to be welded to sump):

Oil drain from turbo (to be welded to sump):

I decided to install my RC 550cc injectors and AEM fuel rail too!

Dump pipe welds progress:

Thats all for now folks... enjoy!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    You are a crazy man. Love your work.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Mmm progress. I love it.

There are a couple of things that I have issues with in my mind but I'll hold off until you've got more done. All in all very good stuff mate.
    AMPERAGE

Generation
    4th Gen
    Ahhh.....you've come a long way Adrenalin! Great work with the S2K wheel.

You getting the 94+ speedo though?

Keep it up mate.

Generation
    Other Honda
    Awesome work with the wheel mate, very ballsy! Engineers cert? Any way to test the airbag will work (electronics, not the actual airbag)

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    S
    went for a spin in the car with the S2K wheel and it's an awesome experiece.

HONDA SHOULD HAVE PUT THIS IN THE LUDE FROM FACTORY!!!

I've already said it to steve, but this car is a prime example of well planned and executed mods to get the best out of the lude, it was one of the best cars I have EVER driven
    Last edited by 16OTH; 20th May 2008 at 09:21 AM.

Generation
    Other Honda
    nice work!!! love it!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    shit, love your passion mate... quality!
    PIMPOLGY

GLOWRIDAZ

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by G33K View Post
    Ahhh.....you've come a long way Adrenalin! Great work with the S2K wheel.

You getting the 94+ speedo though?

Keep it up mate.
    Yes I have a JDM EL gauge cluster sitting at home - I need to get it calibrated to my VSS (which we may've worked out a way to do it ourselves outside of the car with some sneaky electronics).

This will finish off the dash work along with the VGA screen I mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Knickers View Post
    Awesome work with the wheel mate, very ballsy! Engineers cert? Any way to test the airbag will work (electronics, not the actual airbag)
    No engineers Cert - the thing is a factory wheel so its not gonna get noticed/picked up by the big five-oh!

The SRS system has a self check which detects the existance of an airbag in the system. It passes this check on my car and there's no SRS warning light on the dash after the check. The only other way to "test" an airbag is to set it off.. obviously I wont be doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by AMPERAGE View Post
    Mmm progress. I love it.

There are a couple of things that I have issues with in my mind but I'll hold off until you've got more done. All in all very good stuff mate.
    Let me know those issues as I want to sort everything out before I install this new motor. Perhaps PM me if you dont want to mention it in this thread?

Generation
    Other Honda
    Yeah I guess as long as the light is working :/

As for engineers cert, I'm thinking more in case of an accident where the steering wheels fails and you get that spline firmly placed in your chest/neck/head...

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by Knickers View Post
    Yeah I guess as long as the light is working :/

As for engineers cert, I'm thinking more in case of an accident where the steering wheels fails and you get that spline firmly placed in your chest/neck/head...
    Not going to happen, the spline of the S2k is press fitted into the rest of the wheel. I grinded off the top part of the spline only and welded the prelude spline to the press fitted piece. The nut on the steering column tightens down on the press fitted piece and the welded on piece together. If the s2k wheel's press fitted piece fails, then yes I will have a steering column through my chest/neck/head. As I am confident the s2k wheel would've passed safety standards, there is no risk of this happening.

The only force the welds on the spline should be experiencing in any circumstance is rotational... if that makes sense to you?

Generation
    Other Honda
    Yeah that makes sense. In which case, why not get the cert so you're not liable for anything?

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Why bother? Its not like they're gonna ever find out..