Page 41 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    im sure it is amazing, but im holding back my praise until i see some engine in there!! itll mean much more once its all in.

m:0432 699 951 e:pujitha115@optusnet.com.au msn:peejayy@hotmail.com

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    WRX
    and i jizzed in my pants!

top stuff mate.

HRPM Motorsports - "Driver development is equally if not more important than building a fast car"

Generation
    4th Gen
    top stuff - props to you for going all out and getting the complete engine bay cleaned up done properly. whos going to be tuning it once you got it setup?
    Hondasexual Prelude Si Turbo FTW

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    I'll be tuning it on the street myself. Then once the motor's run-in a little I'll take it to a shop that was recommended by the dude who did the hone on the block.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Custom
    You'll be in the same boat as me, having all this air begging to be compressed and slammed into your combustion chambers but you'll have to be sedate, avoiding idling to bed the rings in etc!
    If only there was a way to bypass the granny driving stage ... ho hum
    The path of Honda is beset on all sides by the iniquities of Mazda and the tyranny of Nissan. Blessed is the Honda owner who in the name of handling and performance shepherds his Honda through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his Honda's keeper and the finder of lost kilowatts. And I will strike down upon thee with great acceleration and furious VTEC those who attempt to overtake and destroy my Hondas. And you will know my name is PRELUDE when I lay my VTEC upon thee.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Well actually, I dont plan to "break in" the motor by driving like a grandma.
    Everything my engine shop guy said was "drive it varying the revs as much as possible". I'd like to do that with as little load on the motor as possible - highways and flat roads are your friend.

As far as boosting while in the break in period, the turbo will be hooked up and run in at the same time.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Custom
    Yea, I've been told to avoid idling for long periods and to vary the revs too. So changing between 3rd, 4th and 5th on the highway, and cycling the revs between 1000 and 1800 at the lights.
    Won't be hard for me to stay away from full boost which I've been told to do for the sleeves for a few weeks.
    How many k's do you plan to break in for?
    The path of Honda is beset on all sides by the iniquities of Mazda and the tyranny of Nissan. Blessed is the Honda owner who in the name of handling and performance shepherds his Honda through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his Honda's keeper and the finder of lost kilowatts. And I will strike down upon thee with great acceleration and furious VTEC those who attempt to overtake and destroy my Hondas. And you will know my name is PRELUDE when I lay my VTEC upon thee.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    I'm breaking in my new timing belt and clutch at the moment (different I know) but I tell you what... hardest shit to do ever... the car just wants to goooooooooo but I can't timing belt needs retentioning before I can give it what it loves (it loves a good kick in the guts.. it told me so and I stand by that)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    +1 it's stiffness that counts. Not Diameter. At least thats what the wife tells me.
    (not sure she knows that much about cars though)

Generation
    5th Gen
    would it be easier to put h23 crank n rods into a h22 block ? or do the h23 block with h22 head ? since u have to swap out all that stuff from the h22. Nice build BTW

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by daymkimchee View Post
    would it be easier to put h23 crank n rods into a h22 block ? or do the h23 block with h22 head ? since u have to swap out all that stuff from the h22. Nice build BTW
    Its best if you have the equivalent of 2 engines with you on hand. A h22 and a H23. However most of the parts you have to swap are replaced when doing an engine rebuild anyway.

So esentially its like rebuilding a h23 but using some select h22 parts in their place.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by AdReNaLiN View Post
    Its best if you have the equivalent of 2 engines with you on hand. A h22 and a H23. However most of the parts you have to swap are replaced when doing an engine rebuild anyway.

So esentially its like rebuilding a h23 but using some select h22 parts in their place.
    thats exactly what i have right now.I have a h23 non vtec block and a h22 block that spun a rod bearing.I was just wondering what was the easiest way to go about it.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by daymkimchee View Post
    thats exactly what i have right now.I have a h23 non vtec block and a h22 block that spun a rod bearing.I was just wondering what was the easiest way to go about it.
    What you've got is perfect for this then...

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Hey guys, just a quick update from the weekend of "playing cars" in my shed. Doesnt seem like a lot but it was a fair step forward in my build. I removed the full climate control system from the jdm parts car and will be installing it in mine soon.

Also decided I wanted to wax the enginebay before installing the engine components. This stuff was purchased from www.waxit.com.au - it was recommended by a professional detailing friend of mine.

Other parts were also cleaned up. and I installed the brake prop valve.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Custom
    That second shot looks like an ad for the stuff!! Great bay pics mate that's come up sooooo shmick!
    I forgot you probably already have all the JDM wiring looms from John's wreck?

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    I wanted to advertise it, cuz it does such a good job. It spreads really thin and is so easy to buff off.
    I used to think meguiars was good product til I tried this.

With the climate control, I decided I wasnt going to replace my entire interior harness and headlight harnesses to install it.
    Instead the plan is to make up a harness out of the car which basically will only require 12v power and a ground.

I ended up cutting all the plugs I needed off the wreck.