Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by AdReNaLiN View Post
    Thanks for the kind words mate. It hasnt been totally smooth sailing all the way dont get me wrong... I had to redo the fibreglass / cloth part twice. And i'm sure i've used more filler than I should've had to but whatever its all experience!

Yes I will be able to keep the AC. There's no way i'm losing AC or PS or any of the other accessories that make the prelude a prelude. My lude came with all the options, and its keeping all the options!

Hopefuly this weekend I get a dump pipe welded up for the beast! We'll see.
    when i did my built there were people telling be to get rid of my p/s to free up "rotational weight"....

there was no chance i was going to get rid of p/s, i drove an integra without p/s and it was terrible.

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    just back to the fibreglassing... if you go to a auto upholsterer you should be able to find some vinyl to match ur interior pretty well... when me n peejayy made fibre glass pods, i decided to try and match the vinyl i was putting on the pod to the door trim, and here's how it came out:

a word of advice tho. prepare to be extremely frustrated with the vinyl coz its a pia to work with, make sure you have a good heat gun and a $8 can of spray adhesive from spot light. that stuff works wonders

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by naabta View Post
    when i did my built there were people telling be to get rid of my p/s to free up "rotational weight"....

there was no chance i was going to get rid of p/s, i drove an integra without p/s and it was terrible.
    This is known as "parasitic drag" on the engine. Things to do to reduce this but still keep your factory options are:

1. Light Weight Pullies (NOT underdrive - I've been scared off replacing my crank pulley in fear of creating more wear on the motor)
    2. Remove Balance Shaft Belt - or remove the shafts completely
    3. Lighter Flywheel/Clutch

I will be doing all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by hiru View Post
    when me n peejayy made fibre glass pods, i decided to try and match the vinyl i was putting on the pod to the door trim.
    The factory A Pillars are just plastic - no vinyl on them. It would look wierd with vinyl. Also, the shape of my pods is a lot more complicated than your door pod. I would have to cut and sew some sections to make it look decent and I dont like the sewn look anyway.

Generation
    Non Honda
    hey steve, looking good man! are those venom gauges??? if so i just through my oil temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, and voltage gauges in the bin, the needles all one day started to go sticky and erratic, and the guages were very inaccurate and i could not use them, just a spot of warning! i changed to VDO cockpit vision, all fixed now.

did you pin down the shirt fabric with superglue first? or just straight to the resin?

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    They're not "venom" brand... they're "autogauge" which I've heard others say they've had success with so I'm hoping mine wont be too bad. They didnt cost me much - got them on special at a willowbank race day.

I glued down the fabric with all kinds of things - and I tried fabric glue and that spray adhesive stuff and nothing held when I applied the resin. I ended up using a "quick epoxy" glue. Which held but only just.

A warning to those out there fibreglassing - you MUST let epoxy dry before trying to apply polyester fibreglass resin (this is what you buy at bunnings). The hardening agent in epoxy is a SOLVENT for the polyester resin. This means you will end up with a gooey sticky mess that will never harden. Been there done that.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    This weekend's update:
    Justin's mate didnt come round so I didnt get the dump pipe welded. He's gonna try and make it next weekend though.

The gauge pod is coming along nicely and is NEARLY ready for its paintwork. I have been looking on MP3car.com and those guys are using SEM Texture paint as an undercoat for "Honda Classy Grey" over coat. Apparently SEM makes both of these products and I will have a look around for a shop selling SEM.

Here's some pictures from a test fit of the pod after a quick sand using 100grit.

Asimo likes the look of my pod!

In some pics the edge may look wavey. This is an effect of the rubber trim piece being not completely fitted.
    Enjoy.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Very nice work Adrenalin!
    Loving the progress =) Keep it up!

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this but "When do you think the whole turbo conversion will be completed by?" As in, everything will be in and running hehe.

Generation
    Other Honda
    hey man do u wanna trade cars?? mine is red and goes fast hehe

niice i wanna see this thing finished
    "If sparks don't fly your rides' too high"

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Beige Leather
    Looking GREAT!!

pods are coming along very nicely.. Props once again, it is a very awkward shape to try and get looking symmetrical, but I think it has come out very well.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by Luder88 View Post
    Very nice work Adrenalin!
    Loving the progress =) Keep it up!

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this but "When do you think the whole turbo conversion will be completed by?" As in, everything will be in and running hehe.
    Yeah lots of people have asked me in person.. Honestly I cant put a "completion" date on it because I've got to find the time for the work and with running my own business and working full time, the hours in the day trickle by pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    hey man do u wanna trade cars?? mine is red and goes fast hehe

niice i wanna see this thing finished
    haha! I originally wanted a red one... funny that.
    However, I dont think the trade would be all that fair.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenViouS View Post
    Looking GREAT!!

pods are coming along very nicely.. Props once again, it is a very awkward shape to try and get looking symmetrical, but I think it has come out very well.
    Thanks mate. Appreciate that.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    those pods are looking ace! you should probly get a new steering wheel cover tho

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    S
    that pillar is starting to look really good, once there is paint on there i reckon it will be very close to oem look.
    have you looked at www.the12volt.com, and http://www.fiberglassforums.com/
    they are both really good sites to get ideas and techniques for all that sort of fabrication.

PM me for all your car audio and other miscellaneous installation needs.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    S
    looking good mate

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by euro_z View Post
    those pods are looking ace! you should probly get a new steering wheel cover tho
    Funny you mention that. There may be a little suprise coming along in place of that steering wheel

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Oooo S2000 wheel ftw!

Gauges will look good once that's all painted up
    Quote Originally Posted by brash22 View Post
    You sir are mad. Like lock you in the nuthouse mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabir View Post
    You sir are a prelude obsessed freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by hiru View Post
    you sir, are a prelunatic.