Page 59 of 103 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    Or you could try a nipple, elbow and barb fitting.....

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    hehehe nipple.

once again great to watch the process, even though much of it's beyond me

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Or you could try a nipple, elbow and barb fitting.....
    I challenge you to find me a fitting with the right thread to fit the head of the motor there... Its an M20x1.0 which is not common on any fittings available.

And I'm not going to tap a new thread in the head now the engine's back together...

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    S
    Try mobile hose fixers at wacol. They are mates of ours and helped my brother with all the parts like that he needed when he built his skyline.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    si 4ws TURBO
    come on adrenalin i wait every sunday for some progress and NOTHING !!!!!!!!! whats going on ? shattered

GARAGE : http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._vehicle&id=30

BUILD THREAD : http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...o-3rd-gen-lude

VIDEOS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usazsV_c_zU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psgNZjLqRrw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRn-1Oeashw

Quote Originally Posted by SAKI View Post
    PS: Can't wait to see your beast in action.. going to be one the highest power 3rd gens out there i reckon..
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    I am going down now to show them mine....

Generation
    Non Honda
    i miss you Steve
    STUFF FOR SALE!

4G jdm fog lights $80
    Had a prang? Front and Rear bumpers $50 each!!
    TANABE rear muffler brand new in box $250
    Thinking of going K series in your 4th gen?? I have the HASPORT BBK mount kit brand new for $400
    H22 intake manifold $50
    Brand new 65mm K series Throttle Body $100

PM me for details!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by phattzy View Post
    come on adrenalin i wait every sunday for some progress and NOTHING !!!!!!!!! whats going on ? shattered
    Yeah, I've not had much time recently to work on the car... I've been working a lot lately. Dont worry, this thread isn't dead though!

Quote Originally Posted by WEAPON-R View Post
    i miss you Steve
    I miss you too Elee!
    nohomo.

Generation
    4th Gen
    well i told you i would check your build thread out so here i am. your build thread is awesome man! i love the bay! i cant wait to get going on mine. you stitch welded your seams and then used filler. the advise i got on the nwp4life engine thread was to weld the seam up completely, grind it down and then use filler. why did you choose to just stitch weld instead of weld the entire seam? i dig you choice of seats. your lude is rhd... but it didnt come with digital climate control?
    in for more updates. thanks for the link to the US site for the fender braces.
    _zac

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Hey mate, glad you found us here!

RE the enginebay:
    I stitch welded the seams because I have a feeling that if you weld the entire seam, you're creating stress points in other areas where it's not meant to be. The reason for stitch welding is to stop the seams moving but still allowing them to flex a little bit when the chassis flexes over bumps.

The seats are out of an Accord Type R JDM model. At first I wasnt sure about them, but now I love the look of them.

Not all RHD ludes come with climate control. In Australia all cars are RHD. But Honda opted to not give us climate control or foglights - likely due to importing regulations and making the car meet a price point in the market.

Let me know how you go with the fender braces too!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Update from this weekend (and a couple from during the week too).

So I worked on the intercooler piping - here's what I've come up with so far.

Then I was cutting the final piece of the puzzle to make everything line up and this happened!

The cutting blade exploded and left my last piece of bend aluminium piping totally ruined. I'm going to duck down to ARE to grab another bend so I can finish it off soon!

Just incase you're wondering - this arrangement of pipework clears the aircon and the foglight in the bumper! It also clears the bumper mount bracket (although a lot of trimming was involved...)

Moving on to the other cool stuff, I got my ignition system sorted. As you can tell its not quite a standard honda ignition setup... I've converted it to coil on plug.

I'm not quite done with the ignition but this will do as a temporary setup to get the car started...

I've also had to block off a few things around the place including intake manifold and unused coolant ports. I've used rubber vacuum caps for the intake mani and I threaded grub screws into the coolant ports.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    It's always the last piece you need that something happens to. If you had a spare this wouldn't have happened....
    Murphy is such a bastard at times....
    http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._view&id=12025
    Link to my garage.^^^^

When words fail, VTec speaks!

Quote Originally Posted by EXO8IC View Post
    My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Lucky your ok mate, obviously you weren't wearing thongs when this happened. I like the fact that when things are in the way (I.e Fog Lights), you dont just say stuff the foggies and make it easier for yourself, you actually figure out a way around them so they get to stay. Smart man.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    haha I was wearing thongs at the time actually! I looked down and had all 9 fingers and 8 toes!

I managed to pick up another aluminium bend thismorning from ARE at brendale. Nice guys and some really good products. Tad on the expensive side, but isnt everything in this game?

I'll post up pics of the pipe work finished once I get home...

Generation
    Other Honda
    Good to see some more progress stevo

what are you planning to use for a trigger for the COP setup?

Richard down at ARE is a top guy with heaps of really good info.

be careful with those vac nipples though, i kept blowing mine out when i turned up the boost. The centre would expand then blow off. I managed to get these mini clamps to keep them on but the centre's still ballooned out on high boost. You can see how the centre is pulled back in

Last edited by MR-VTEC; 30th August 2010 at 07:01 PM.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Lol I wondered how long the caps would last to be honest... Figured they could be a temp solution for now and I'll probably tap and put a grub screw in later (like the coolant).

Where did you buy the clamps from? and did you get ones to fit the rear of the intake manifold too?

ARE was very helpful, I'm thinking I might get them to make me a catch can... he showed me one today and its mighty awesome - they really know what they're talking about.