Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

FLIP is back. Well 90% anyway

Well I promised some more pics and info a couple weeks back so here it is.

Basically as many of you guys know I sold alot of my parts off to other members so I was gonna just sell my shell stock and get another car as I was getting tired of modding.

Anyway diddn't want to let go of it as I spent so much time on it, so I decided to just put it back together but more stockish looking.

I took the light grey intetrior out and put stock black back in but got S2000 seats and Series 2 door trims and rears with matching perforated leather inserts to match the seats. Still have to do the rear seats again to match the front. Chose Black as the light grey was so hard to keep clean for every day use and also wanted OEM look.

Also chucked a H22 in, Very tight squeeze, 4mm clearance on front, back and sides. No movement at all or else it will hit the chasis or cross members. Very big job as I wanted it clean and tidy, just got it running properly today as I had a couple of mall electronic problems.

Also decided to put my visors on cause it rains a bit now and I need to open my window so it doesn't fog up inside, also they are good if I leave the car in the sun as it lets the hot air vent out. I like these better than stock cause they are a nice black tint and nice shape, just sticks on with double sided tape and fits perfectly over the mirror and black garnish thing on the side. Picked these up in the states a few months back.

Also chucked a new leather gear boot courtesy of Manibar (Clinton), fits perfectly and matches the interior of black and grey. Prefer this one over the type R ones cause I got no red to match the red stitching and it is real leather not pleather. Knob is great too, so much easier to shift now, less missing of shift changes. Gear knob courtesy of GTRecaro (Jeff).

Decided to try my Trust knob as it sits lower, it also feels more comfortable than it looks. Dropped the boot lower too cause it looks better that way I think.

Chose to put LED bulbs just in the top of the cluster, it brightens up the cluster alot but not as blue and bright as Philys old dash but bright enough for my liking. Looks alot better in real life but my phone camera doesn't pick up the light well.

13/12/07
    New brakes, still waiting for 300mm diameter, 25mm thick rotors to suit my car and calipers from the US.

9/01/08
    Got my Rotors, not putting them on till I get a rear upgrade kit, contemplating if they are worth $420.

Blacked the blinker with a tail light tint material I got from Overseas a while back. I think it looks better. and light shines through great, more than spray tint, Actually can notice the orange more due to it going black to bright orange rather than orange to bright orange.

Tried putting all white LED's on the cluster but it shines through blue, if I had to do it all again I would keep them stock and just put clear lights on the front top.

Wired a Vtec light in a spare warning light spot, replaced the black cover with a purple lens and not when I Vtec I see a nice purple colour warning me to keep an eye out for cops Pic is not lit but just with sunlight shining in the top bulb hole. When lit is is just normal, not blinding.

Decided to worry about performance rather than just bling so since the CAI (panel on side of radiator is cut out to let air flow to filter) was too hot to touch once absorbing engine heat I decided to cover it with insulation to sheild teh heat and alow my intake to suck cold air and alow it to stay colt as it travels through the pipe. Doesn't look bling but makes a noticable difference in performance.

03/03/08
    Went back to the fake Type R knob as it felt good when shifting, also put the OEM plastic thing at the top of the gear boot to tidy it up and hold the leather up.

06/03/08
    Also finally ended up respraying my wheels and polishing the lip, also ended up buying new 225/35/18 Dunlop Lemans 702 as the 215/40/18 were not fat enough for my 8 inch rims.
    Here is the stock old rim, I stripped the paint off the lip.

I then used a buffing wheel on my pneumatic die grinder and taped the part I didn't want to paint with special thin masking tape so when removed it leaves a nice line.

Taped it all up and coated it with a satin Graphite paint off the gun.

There you have it all stealth looking and now when brake dust goes on them it looks the same colour

29/03/08
    Decided to make some padded insets covered in matching perforated leather for my dash cause I don't like the deviation in the stock dash unless I have the super rare rubber matt. Now they look like my SRS airbags

Also put a new belt in cause my old one was rooted. Before installing the second hand one I gave it a light coat of black vynil spray to darken it slightly then rubbed a candle into it and melted it in just cause I wanted it to be smoother Also put my Recaro back in cause I missed it

16/11/09
    Finally put the S2000 seat back in, well the passenger one anyway as I dont have a spare drivers 3rd gen lude seat to scab the base from.
    I initially took them out cause they didn't recline and mounting was not the best but I figured out how to use the stock 3rd gen base and make it fit the S2000 seat, a bit of the S2000 seat to make the lude base more buckety and supportive on the sides and it was straight bolt in, reclines perfectly as well, you might notice the lude plastic trimming and handle still needing to be painted black

Also sandblasted and painted my VTIR calipers today and got the slotted 182mm rotors machined ready for instalation, next week hopefully

02/02/10
    Been slacking off recently due to the fact I never drive my car anymore and I was living in the city for the past 2 years so I only used my Euro. I have now bought another place near my mums/my car workshop So I will need to start driving my 3rd gen more.
    My ball joint was creaking so last night decided to put my new hubs in, all went well till I tried to put the newly painted calipers, when they were given to me they were marked they were VTIR calipers but they were so small I am not sure what car they actually came off, maybe civic VTIR, I guess I cant complain since a fellow PA member donated them to me anyway they were not gonna fit. Lucky I had a spare set of calipers on 5th gen hubs I bought for my 4th gen, i wanted to get the 3rd gen up and running so I just cleaned them and didn't get a chance to paint them, will redo them later.
    I also threw on some braided lines I got on ebay for an EK for $50 or so with green stuff pads which I couldn't use. I will save my Goodridge lines for another day.
    All wen't to plan, decided to go extended studs for my Mickey Thompson wheels, Lust joking, put them on cause I could and when I ordered them I didn't know they were so long, I can always shorten them anytime but for the meanwhile they are pretty tough
    Tried teh alloy extended nuts but they didn't feel strong, not sure if it is just me or I just got cheapo ones rather than Rays. I just put the ugly stoko ones till I put my buddy club wheels on.

04/04/10

Well still working on the rear conversion and brakes but done a few things in between.

Fujitsubo B pipe and Trust muffler, used but still OK, Muffler is from a R33 and B pipe a 4th gen. Sounds alot loader, not raspy but mean, a bit loud for my old ears but performance has dramatically improved, I was very surprised, higher revs just shoot up Just needs a good polish.

Also made arm rest as the door panels were sinking dueto my elbows digging into them, made from alluminum sheet beated to shape then retrimmed with cushion and leather. I know I need to give the door trim a good clean and rejuvination, will do soon, looks so much worse in the pics

Took the GPS, DVD, USB, SD 7 inch screen as I just use the USB option and it was crappy china made quality, was gonna get a normal USB player but put the stock deck to just fill the hole in the meantime, stock sounded good and looked oldskool so I searched if there was some sort of electronic device I can hook a USB to connect to the stock deck andthere was. For $5 delivered I found a FM transmitted unit which comes with remote, worked great, so far bought over 10 to give to friends and relos that saw mine and wanted one.

Also did the S2000 drivers seat, feels so much better than the Recaro, pics later

Well thats it for now, alot more to come now I drive my car alot more now.

01/06/11
    Well its been a while, sorry for the lazyness.
    I have done a few things here and there, put a Clarion USB deck in cause the sound from the FM transmitter thing will never get as good as CD due to the frequency range.
    Also finally done the rear conversion, custom hubcentric rings to locate the rotors and the alloys, rear rotors are 280mm same as the front, caliper is a bit small but I painted it gloss black so it doesn't stand out like dogs balls
    Fitted my 4 front S2000 wheels which I got powder coated gunmetal, they drive well, alot more power due to the size, but weight similar as my 18 inch Team Dynamics and Buddy club P1's.
    At the moment going for a more sleeper look so simple mods, gonna paint front calipers gloss black soon when I find the time. I also machined the alloy wheel nuts to sit on the seat of the stock alloys (rounded rather than angled) cause if you don't you will not only damage the nuts but also the clamping force to your hub is not the best, you may also have problems with the nuts going loose.
    Future plans are to finally put my projectors in, get my Buddy club P1's reconditioned and maybe throw my H22 Type R engine in, repainted the rocker cover in wrinkle red too. Oh yeah also going back to the R32 lights one day, some don't like it cause it is Nissan but they are alot better looking than the S1 lights and I prefer them than S2 lights too.

24/09/11
    Not much new, decided since I haven't resprayed my car and paint was getting old I decided to try my DiNOC film on my boot, pretty good stuff as it hides all blemishes, I patched the holes and indent where the badge was and put an LED brake light on just for something different. No time these days other than to just drive the car.
    I miss the Skyline lights, made the rear look so much newer and not so square

16/06/12

Cant believe how long it has been since I have updated this, alot has changed i don't think I can remember the small things.
    Firstly I was sick of bad lighting so I installed some projectors with HID, so much better output, then again my old upsidedown CRX lights were pretty shitty, I changed the cut off part as the old ones were opposite and not the best quality. Now cut off is good and light output is excellent.

Old (left)and new (right) sheild.

Drivers new, Passenger old.

With brackets.

New light output.

Next I tried green cluster lights but afterseveral months decided to go back to blue as it looked cleaner, I also put new needles in the tacho and speedo, made such a big difference, had to put new leds around the centre to light up the needles. Looks alot better in real life, needles actually are both red in persom, not pinkly like in pic.

And lastly but most noticable I have decided to stick Honda and use Series 2 rear tails, so much rounder and curvier than series 1, I didn't replace my beaver panel I just made new plate to suit the new lights, I have also redone my rear Mugen Bar to suit and a bit of a tweak as I felt the old size needed to be slightly closer to the ground on the sides.
    I also pumped my guards slightly, didn't want to look steroided, just enough to clear lower offset dished wheels comfortably, again stuck with honda, not fibreglass but another donor honda welded on the rear, can you guess what car? same generation.
    I am only showing just a few pics, will show more when I get the car painted, bit of a teaser. Ordered a guard roller tool in and will roll the guards out even more, using 9inch rears and 8 inch fronts about +38 offset Rays Volk Racing wheels, very happy with the strength, het a ginormous pot hole the other night and that would usually smash my normal rim but these forgies just got a small barely noticable ding.

Before guards pumped, notice how much the rims stuck out. Rubber is 265 rears but I will use thinner rubber, 245 maybe on the rear.

Pumped, Rims on and temp stock rear bar.

Again, more pics when painted to come
    Last edited by Flipmods; 16th June 2012 at 06:42 AM.

BRING BACK THE FORUMS!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Wowzers, hats off to you Phil, looks absolutely fantastic! How does it run with the H22A in there? What engine mounts did you use? Any sump to ground clearance issues? That is the neatest h22a 3rd gen engine bay I have ever seen.

Very high standard!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Very very nice mate, looks decent with those seats
    Next thing I do hopefully will be finding out how much inserts etc are lol
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachExperiment View Post
    Its good to be king!!!!

Model
    Si-TCV
    hahahaa.. your a legend mate.. TOPS!
    04' Euro Luxury
    89' Prelude Si-TCV - crème de la crème of Prelude's
    PM me if you're interested in buying it.

Generation
    3rd Generation
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Black interior looks bloody nice. That steering wheel looks like its from a bmw

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Nice work Flip. S2k seats look sweet, as the the h22a
    .:I'm too flexxxy for my shirt, too flexxxy for my shirt:.

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Gpx FTO
    exterior pics!

looking f-ing hot

Model
    Si-TCV
    by the way.. you gotta take another pic of the front... cuz that front bar looks off the hook.
    04' Euro Luxury

Generation
    4th Generation
    Model
    VTEC
    omg... u fit a h22a in there? good stuff man! lookin clean, louv the s2k seats.

Generation
    Non Honda
    my dear sweet lord that engine bay is immaculate!!!! Fricken awsome work mate! Loving the s2k seats as well

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Vtir
    Quote Originally Posted by racinghonda View Post
    Wowzers, hats off to you Phil, looks absolutely fantastic!
    it does look fantastic, cept his names chris lol

time 2 bring her out to supercruise in december mate

Model
    Si-TCV
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarks View Post
    it does look fantastic, cept his names chris lol

time 2 bring her out to supercruise in december mate
    we'll just call him phill.. flip-phill
    04' Euro Luxury

Generation
    5th Gen
    holy cow, thats amazing flip!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    That is absolutely awesome! Whats the H22a like in comparison to a boosted b20a? looks very neat, but we need more pics!!!

81 x 95..... probably could have made a decent tractor engine

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    nice one chris...

hottest 3rd gen out their in terms of engine and interia.

more pics =)
    My Cars
    5.2001 BMW e46 320I Executive [SOLD]
    4.1997 Honda Integra [sold]
    3.1994 Honda Prelude SI [sold]
    2.1989 Honda Prelude SI [sold]
    1.1993 Mazda Mx6 Gen2 [sold]
    [SIZE="1"]
    Automotive