Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws

4ws wheel alignment

Recently i got two new tires and a wheel alignment! cost me a bucket load.

Anyway the first time they did it the my steering wheel isn't centered and had to be tilted to the right to drive straight. Then i got it done again this morning and its still shit house lol. The dude said he needs proper equipment, is this true?

Oh and are our sway bar bushing prone to squeaking or any other bushings?

Cheers guys

Generation
    3rd Gen
    yep, you need a special locking pin to lock the real wheels. You need to make sure that when you got the allignment it was not a regular allignment but a 4ws allignment (costs more). The other thing is you need a competent place that does them as there are plenty of places that do 4ws allignment but have no idea what they are doing.

Maybe some people in your area can recommend a place?

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Yeah it was deff a 4ws alignment, cause i paid a fair bit for it lol. Gonna have to ring up the dude again n tell him to get this locking pin, 3rd time ill have to go back there =\

Cheers dude! hopefully i wont get charged.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    I always go to a nearby Pedders, they have one of the best alignment machines around supposedly, and they can do 4WS alignments without having to use the locking pins. Costs a little more at $120 but everytime I get it done, it's dead straight. Which is more than I can say for my local Bob Jane, which was a complete waste of time and money when I got an alignment done there one time.

Generation
    3rd Generation
    Check this thread I started recently when I had a wheel alignment done.

http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...=4ws+alignment

First thing I checked was that they had the locking pin. Its pretty much essential as you need to use the rear steering box as your major reference point. This guy shoudnt have attempted the job without the pin. I recommend you get your money back if he cant do the job properly with the correct tools. Then take it to someone else. Ring your local Honda dealer and see who they take their cars to.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    honda dealers (well over here at least) do the 4ws allignment themselves. I got a quote from them and they wanted $400 for the allignment and that didnt even include balancing!!!

Generation
    3rd Generation
    Model
    Si 4ws
    I got mine done at a local tyre place for roughly the same price as a normal wheel alignment only because I had springs installed at the same time. The dude there didn't use any locking pins but did one hell of a good job.

Your better off waiting for some members from SA to give you advice on who's good in your area for a 4WS wheel alignment.

|Visit My Garage|Gen 3 '88' Si Prelude|

Generation
    3rd Generation
    honda dealers (well over here at least) do the 4ws allignment themselves. I got a quote from them and they wanted $400 for the allignment and that didnt even include balancing!!!
    Gerzod why do you always seem to get over quoted for everything ? $400 is crazy money for a wheel alignment. When I needed mine done, Trivett Classic Honda in Parramatta recomended Trivett Tyres (same name different company) as its the place they take their cars. Trivettt tyres quoted $120. Ended up taking it to a local mob as it was more convenient and I only got charged $80,

Generation
    Non Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzod View Post

$400! my major service when i got all the belts replced and a couple other things was only $195 more then that! thats insane money for a wheel alignment! It is a honda dealer though, did you go to the one on nepean highway man?

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Nigel, Thats what honda quoted me , and why i didnt go there. Thats what they charge everyone. It was the one on north road, near corner of north and east boundary (across road from duncan mckinnon reserve).

Total tyres charged me $66 for the 4ws allignment, and they did a bloody good job

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Your talking about Astoria Honda. They are champs.
    We get all our Hondas serviced there
    $400 that seems a little abserd.
    I'll ask them next time im in