Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: renchy's lude

Generation
    Non Honda
    Im a fan, i especially like the wheels. They almost look like PIAA wheels you see around.
    Also that exhaust has nice proportions, id love something like that on mine.

Get those dash pics up!

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    well here we go, finally took the pics of the dash lights working. there's still a couple to fix up, the switches on the side of the cluster only work every now and then, ill have to try and re-align the pins in the connectors. the extra bit of light you can see on the dash is actually my phone reflecting.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Freshly installed cd5 side skirts. Please excuse the dirty car, I'm at my parents place down a dirt road so there's no use cleaning it yet.

All I need now is a rear lip and then I'll paint the skirts and bumper strip all the way around the car silver.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    very nice indeed...i like ur rims..how about rear lip and front lip..are you on king low??does ur double din dvd player has gps function?i have the lastest map for that

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    thanks kitti,
    I have an OEM front lip already installed and painted, and currently scouting for a rear lip;
    I'm on Pedders low;
    I'ts a single DIN with automated screen, but i have not installed the GPS function since I can't find the ad-on with Australian maps pre-installed, hence why i also have a GPS.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    Sweet ride. An obviously loved beauty.
    http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._view&id=12025
    Link to my garage.^^^^

When words fail, VTec speaks!

Quote Originally Posted by EXO8IC View Post
    My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Cheers Pacman, I like your lude too

Nice weather out here today, thought I'd tie up some odds and ends on the car.

First on the list was to get my fog lights working again. A couple months ago they mysteriously went out, and all I had time to check was the fuse, which was still fine.
    So apart came the lower interior

And the first thing i noticed was this sucker right here:

The problem was, when i held the connection together I still had no foggies

Upon further inspection, i found the (+)ve power cable to the switch sliced in half! In the pic it doesnt look as bad, but the sever went right through the copper wire

A crimp and a couple of connectors with some extra wire later I had light!

A while back when i purchased my new HU, i received a free reversing camera. As you should all know, a reversing camera on a 3rd gen is about as necessary as a teenager with a condom, so for sh_ts and giggles I thought I'd put the camera on the front bumper for a while. It actually looks pretty cool if your not driving too fast.

Then i gave it a quick wash, though every extra week I put off without well deserved a cut & polish and detail makes me cringe a bit more.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    Yeah. Every time you get the interior apart, you sort everything out. Put it back together. and something else raises it's ugly head. I've recently fitted my 2 din LCD touch screen, Put it all back together again. Then first nights drive I realise the drivers side foot well neon is't working again. Far Que!...It can stay that way till i've got a better reason to strip it down again.
    Link to my garage.^^^^

My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...

Generation
    Non Honda
    i hate electrical stuff. lucky for me tho my dad is a pro with it after working for an electrical company for 30 or so years, so when i do any electrical stuff with him i know it is going to be done properly. and i usually check all my electrical stuff before i put my interior back together to make sure its all working, saves me having to tear the interior apart again... which is such a pain

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    I'm ok with it. After working as a tech for years and years myself. Not 30 years. I'm not THAT old.LOL
    Link to my garage.^^^^

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    I do most of my own electrical, I'm not the best at it but i keep learning as i do it. I've done all the basic stuff, HU, LED's etc. It's only when i get genuinely stumped on something for a few days that i go for help from an auto elec mate.

Generation
    Non Honda
    looking pretty good man. those side skirts look mean

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    cheers saikou, thanks for hooking me up with them, I'm very happy with them. Can't wait to get them sprayed, but that'll have to wait till the summer holidays.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    well after an excellent 3 years, the prelude has decided it's had enough of me and moved on.

I went and picked my new car up today, and although it's tough, quick and comfy as, I really do miss the way the 3rd gen sits on the road, and the feeling of complete control of even the rear wheels. [sheds a tear]

I'll hopefully get some pics of the new ride up soon, so long as I'm not gonna get flamed for being a bogan...

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Uh oh, sounds like a local V8...

Just kidding. But seriously, what is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by brash22 View Post
    You sir are mad. Like lock you in the nuthouse mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabir View Post
    You sir are a prelude obsessed freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by hiru View Post
    you sir, are a prelunatic.