Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    HOT

July COTM - **BTG**

I bought my car in sept 03. I started off by looking for a Si model but after test driving 1 vtir my mind was changed in an instant. A straight car was pretty hard to find at the time, infact 4th gen vtirís were very scarce at the time. When I finally found the one I bought I quickly discovered that small problems on preludes were actually quite large problems to fix. Thatís where Prelude Australia started for me. 4WS, brake booster, and stereo wiring were a few of the first problems that PA helped me out with. Soon after came the modding bug.
    Suspension has been my main hobby horse with the car. I started by fitting Koni yellows, then followed quickly with whiteline sway bars front n rear. Later on I swapped out the faithful Koniís for something a little more aggressive in the form of Tien HAís. Awesome upgrade that really took the handling of the car to a new level.
    Xforce twin loop Cat back was the next step. Easier to get then the mugen twin loop and more affordable made it the exhaust of choice for a budget conscious prelude owner.
    Cosmetic upgrades were also on the cards. Once again Prelude Australia has been a great help here with sourcing parts and getting decent prices. An old member here had got a full half cut for an engine swap. So as a matter of convenience I picked up the JDM headlights and foggies that came with it. Assassin was a champ and sourced a CF front lip from seibon who made an imitation spoon front lip for the 4th gen. Jimmythebum started a ubeaut group buy for CF sunroofs to fix up that rusty old metal panel sitting on my roof. Along with that I had the front bar debadged to suit the look of the front lip.
    I bought a fairly sorry looking set of wheels from another PA member. After stripping the old powder coat off and researching how to paint on aluminium, I reconditioned the wheels to the nice gold multispoke look you see today. To date these wheels have used Sumitomo tyres originally and now run on Toyo Proxie T1Rís. Both great tyres tho I think the T1Rís really do have an edge, especially in the wet.
    I havenít done many power mods to the car as yet. I find it runs very well without tho Iím definitely looking at potential power mods at a later stage. In its stock form the car has dynoíd 98.4 kwís on a very unforgiving dyno that gave another stock 5th gen prelude 92.8kwís on the same day.
    ENGINE
    Stock H22a
    x-force stainless steel twin loop cat back
    INTERIOR
    JDM floor Mats
    Type R gear knob and boot (red stitching)
    Forbidden Racing Short shifter
    EXTERIOR
    Seibon CF replica spoon front lip
    CCC CF sun roof
    JDM 1 pc Headlights
    JDM fog lights
    Mtec 4500K bulbs (low high and fogs)
    Debadged shaved front bar
    20% window tint
    SUSPENSION
    Whiteline sway bars front n rear
    Tien HA coilovers
    Cusco Strut Bars Front n Rear
    ROLLING STOCK
    RDA Gold slotted and dimpled rotors front n rear
    17Ē BSA custom painted multispoke wheels
    Toyo Proxies T1R
    AUDIO
    JVC EXAD KD-SHX900

Jem's Corner
    What's you're Favourite Mod?
    Tien HAís. Ever since I got the lude driving through twisties has become a whole new world for me. Being able to gun through corners with the car remaining flat to the ground and the steering responding with so much confidence is simply amazing.
    If you had you're time to redo everything again what would you do or not do?
    I wouldnít change anything specific. The only thing Iíd probably do different is not get that extended warranty. The repairer they made me take my car to knew nothing and ended up costing me money by getting Hannys to fix his stuff ups.
    How long have you had the prelude for?
    almost 4 years.
    If you could have another Model Prelude - What would it be?
    3rd gen with a H22 conversion 
    How long did it take you to decide what Mods to do?
    Quite a while... For me it was a matter of sitting patiently and watching what opportunities came up.
    Where did you get your ideas?
    Mostly through the various PA members. Most of the parts I never knew existed till I joined PA. The lip though I found on HPOA.
    Did you do majority of the Mods yourself?
    Simple mods like fitting the short shifter I did myself. Az pretty much did my Teins for me and in turn taught me how to fit them. Iíve helped other members fit suspension since. The only parts I paid to get done were the x-force exhaust, sway bars and the front lip.
    Do you have a name for your lude?
    No but I do believe itís a girl.
    What Mods did it have when you bought it?
    none
    Next Mod?
    CAI or Hondata. Iíve started to look for a little more top end these days because everyone elses car is going so fast! This will be a while away I think because Iím engaged now so cant just throw my money around anymore.
    Future Aspirations for Prelude?
    Iím happy to see where time takes me. Iím fairly happy where I am at the moment.
    How do you find the police are towards your lude? Any story's?
    The cops donít harass me much. Never been defected, though bee done speeding by a hidden camera twice.

Some of these pics are old.. youíll see some mods missing in the older ones

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Very nice man XD Love your front lip.

Generation
    4th Gen
    looks beautiful mate
    yahoo auction Junkie

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si-VTEC
    Congratulations on COTM BTG! Have always admired your ride. Loving those wheels

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    looks hot man love your front lip as well better then the top stage by 1000x heheh
    My Cars
    5.2001 BMW e46 320I Executive [SOLD]
    4.1997 Honda Integra [sold]
    3.1994 Honda Prelude SI [sold]
    2.1989 Honda Prelude SI [sold]
    1.1993 Mazda Mx6 Gen2 [sold]
    [SIZE="1"]
    Automotive

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    defntly well deserved....spot u sumtimes around quakers hill

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Beige Leather
    Love it mate good work, I love the mods you have done.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Vtir
    1 of my fav 4th gens out! love your work phil congratz on COTM!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Yey I got a mention That certainly was a fun time getting those teins on hmm :S congrats mate!

-az
    B68-P 4th Gen Si - Tuned H22, Tuned Chassis, Detuned Driver

Generation
    Other Honda
    one of the most deserved of COTM for sure

nice work phil, your car is nice
    "If sparks don't fly your rides' too high"

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Congrats BTG, well deserved COTM for sure. How come you were chasing a Prelude in teh first place? You said you were looking at an Si, and the change in mind is an obvious one, but any particular reason for looking?

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    VTEC
    nice car man! loving the blue/gold

whats next on the list for the prelude?

Generation
    Non Honda
    Looking mint right thur!

Model
    vtir
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrkrooz View Post
    defntly well deserved....spot u sumtimes around quakers hill
    Hey local dude!!.. lol.. we soo need to catch up together for a photo shoot sometime hey!.. theres been a couple of events around our area lately i havent seen ya at..

Quote Originally Posted by azjs View Post
    Yey I got a mention That certainly was a fun time getting those teins on hmm :S congrats mate!

-az

OMG yeah!.. was certainly a late night hey!.. but tell ya I learnt so much just from having those dramas.. Shout out to Chris (Flipmods) for coming out to save our asses too huh!

Quote Originally Posted by brash22 View Post
    Congrats BTG, well deserved COTM for sure. How come you were chasing a Prelude in teh first place? You said you were looking at an Si, and the change in mind is an obvious one, but any particular reason for looking?

I went looking for a prelude coz I loved the look. No other car turned my head so much while driving the streets.. I was always like.. I'm soo gonna own one of those cars one day.

Plus the old Hyundai was on its way out hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawson View Post
    nice car man! loving the blue/gold

whats next on the list for the prelude?
    I really dont know when.. but CAI or ECU is definately the next mods to spark my interest. I'll wait it out and see what is available to me, and what my fiancee will let me spend

Generation
    4th Gen
    Awesome 'lude, big ups the shaved front badge! The lip is mad - great ride height and everything. Top stuff.