Thread: Seat Brackets

98ludebb6
    for like recaros, sparcos, or corbeaus (any custom seat for that matter) is there any way to get around buying that brand's sliders for your car. i remember one of the two 5th gens that got in hondatuning (forget which one though) had sliders that allowed him to use his stock belts when he didnt feel like using the 4 points
    . could u customize your stock sliders to fit aftermarket seats (if u knew how to weld or knew someone that did i guess?) just wondering

HRC
    The seat bracket is one componet, the rails/sliders are another. the seat bracket is one piece and bolts to your floor and contains the bracket for your seatbelt buckle(you remove your old one from your drivers seat) and the rails/sliders connect your seat to the bracket. So the bracket(I have the "Wedge" brand) already has the mount for you to use your seatbeat, your not forced to buy 3-point, 4-point harnesses. Help? :o

98ludebb6
    what im saing then is could u use your stock bracket and sliders and "customize" them somehow to work with an aftermarket seat....

btw this snow effect is cool very holiday spirit.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

HRC
    I thought you were asking if you could still use your stock seat belts instead of 3 or 4 point harnesses with an aftermarket seat...whatever...

no you can not take off your old seat bracket and weld it to the new seat, even if you could, you would ruin your new seat plus it won't be engineered right, not like a real company that does this knid of thing. It's about safety.

Power5hift
    Originally posted by HRC@Dec 24 2002, 03:34 PM
    The seat bracket is one componet, the rails/sliders are another. the seat bracket is one piece and bolts to your floor and contains the bracket for your seatbelt buckle(you remove your old one from your drivers seat) and the rails/sliders connect your seat to the bracket. So the bracket(I have the "Wedge" brand) already has the mount for you to use your seatbeat, your not forced to buy 3-point, 4-point harnesses. Help? :o
    Where did you get your brackets from and how much did you get it for?

HRC
    Originally posted by Power5hift@Dec 25 2002, 07:49 PM
    Where did you get your brackets from and how much did you get it for?
    I got my backet from conversion techniques, a local speed shop, same place I got the seat and the rails. The Wedge bracket costs $60, the Recaro rails another $98...

Power5hift
    Originally posted by HRC@Dec 25 2002, 08:20 PM
    I got my backet from conversion techniques, a local speed shop, same place I got the seat and the rails. The Wedge bracket costs $60, the Recaro rails another $98...
    Can you give me their #?Thanks in advance.

HRC
    Originally posted by Power5hift@Dec 26 2002, 12:10 AM
    Can you give me their #?Thanks in advance.
    I live in Oakland, CA If that works for you, then call 510.639.0911, then them Danny(SRD LE) sent you.