Sktr007

Need some advice

Ok first off my 1997 Base has been giving me some problems. I know i have an Oil buring problem but recently whenever i accelerate uphill my car smells a little like eggs which would mean my Cat converter is going out. I cant see any smoke coming out of my tail but i know whenever i get on it and Hit VTEC that im buring major oil...i can almost smell it inside the car. I have been looking at buying another car..mainly a Crown Victoria P71 which is a cop car and supercharging it. That would cost me the same as doing an engine rebuild on my prelude. I need some advice as to what i should do. Should i do the engine rebuild and keep my prelude with all it's scratches or should i sell her and buy a Vic?

k2

Re: Need some advice

Fix it.

Roc4

My 99 base prelude was making that same smell, both before and after I replaced the Cat. It finally stopped smelling terrible after the O2 senser was replaced. I'd avoid any Crown Vic that was actually a cop car, those things get seriously abused.

Solid

Old P71s are great for f*ing up, not for having a good car. Prelude>P71, remember gas prices too that vic prbly has the 4.9l. I have heard a p71 w/out the lights, cage, etc takes 20 sec to hit 100 mph.

Sktr007

Well i have always wanted a cop car. I dunno why but they just look sexy 2 me. They arnt that slow guys. high 7s low 8s. I just want something that is bigger and can carry more stuff. My lude has more stuff that is wrong with it cause it has 174k miles on it. I just dont wanna go through the trouble of fixing every little thing. but who knows what wil happen.

97 Lude VTec

Quote Originally Posted by Sktr007
    Well i have always wanted a cop car. I dunno why but they just look sexy 2 me. They arnt that slow guys. high 7s low 8s. I just want something that is bigger and can carry more stuff. My lude has more stuff that is wrong with it cause it has 174k miles on it. I just dont wanna go through the trouble of fixing every little thing. but who knows what wil happen.
    if you want something that has more room.. get something with more room, thats more reliable... not an abused ford. try getting a new cat and changing the o2 sensors like stated above, or just put down 2k and get a new engine. keep the lude.. just my vote

Silver4sukh

if u really want something withmore room, get rid of the prelude, put a little bit more money toward an older Acura Legend. I'd much rather have the older Legend with a few more miles than a Crown Victoria. Good luck though.

Sktr007

Truthfully the Crown Vic is really reliable...especially the P71s because they have reinforced trannys, and other engine parts. I love my lude and i did an oil change yesterday and it seems my car is doing better....like vtec sounds alot better. It used to be kinda high pitched but now it is pretty throaty. Anyway who knows what i will do. Time will tell.

k2

If you really want something with more room (ha ha), get a truck!