Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    captainsideburn
    Guest

    VTEC activation light

    Is there a way to hook up a wiring system so that a light comes on when the VTEC kicks in. I want to have a little dash light come on when I get to 5100 RPM, has anyone done this or something similar ??

  2. #2
    britishlude
    Guest

    Re: VTEC activation light

    You could follow this "how to make a vtec indicator light" guide :

    http://www.24kracing.com/how_to/Maki...or%20Light.doc

  3. #3
    sleeperH22
    Guest

    Re: VTEC activation light

    You cpild hire me to sit in your car and when vtec kicks in; I'll punch you in the balls. How can you not tell when it kicks in?

  4. #4
    britishlude
    Guest

    Re: VTEC activation light

    Quote Originally Posted by sleeperH22
    You cpild hire me to sit in your car and when vtec kicks in; I'll punch you in the balls. How can you not tell when it kicks in?
    Very true : I too wonder why you want this light ? I am too busy with my eyes glued to the road and my head stuck to the headrest, to even think about looking for a tiny light on the dash when vtec boots in. :O

  5. #5
    ech2005
    Guest

    Re: VTEC activation light

    i think its more of a novelty than anything else...

  6. #6
    captainsideburn
    Guest

    Re: VTEC activation light

    Quote Originally Posted by sleeperH22
    You cpild hire me to sit in your car and when vtec kicks in; I'll punch you in the balls. How can you not tell when it kicks in?
    I thought it would be a nice rice option, WTF is with the hostility.

  7. #7
    Razer
    Guest

    Re: VTEC activation light

    you can also use this sight though when i tried it the light never came on but the vtec int he 94 has never ran right since i got the car so i don't even think the vtec is working. Its the worst "hacked" JDM swap i've ever seen.

    http://www.wabe.net/silum/howto.html

  8. #8
    captainsideburn
    Guest

    Re: VTEC activation light

    Razer thanks for the site. It doesnt have any pics though *sob*. I will keep looking

  9. #9
    q18prelude
    Guest

    Re: VTEC activation light

    I'm new but my suggestion is go out and invest in a turbo tachometer and mount it on your dash an tune it to where the vtec kicks in the bright yellow flashes and then they know whats up. And if you don't have a whole lot of boost it still scares the **** out of people.

  10. #10
    snowbunnie
    Guest

    Re: VTEC activation light

    Quote Originally Posted by captainsideburn
    I thought it would be a nice rice option
    Why do you want to rice a perfectly good car?

  11. #11
    captainsideburn
    Guest

    Re: VTEC activation light

    snow bunnie, there is RICE and then there is rice. I think adding a little rice to a car is good, as long as you dont go over the top. I think a vtec indicator light on my pillar gauge mount would be kinda cool too.

    thanks for your input though, oh yeah and thanks for not bitting my head off. I seen how you ownzed another dude on this site <------ glad I is not him. LMAO

  12. #12
    eludeme007
    Guest

    Re: VTEC activation light

    :laugh: i like rice. it is yummy. im asian. :clap:

  13. #13
    snowbunnie
    Guest

    Re: VTEC activation light

    Quote Originally Posted by captainsideburn
    thanks for your input though, oh yeah and thanks for not bitting my head off. I seen how you ownzed another dude on this site <------ glad I is not him. LMAO
    lol Ive pwn3d lots of people here hehe.. who were you referring to?

    I keep the coals hot 24 hours a day incase i have to rake someone over them. But remember, I dont do it strictly for fun! 90% of it is for your own good...the other 10%.. well I have to get something from it too

  14. #14
    captainsideburn
    Guest

    Re: VTEC activation light

    the guy with the naturally aspirated turbo , hehe. By the way my car has a turbo........ well it makes a turbo spool noise when I accelerate (engine feedback through speakers). :laugh:

  15. #15
    snowbunnie
    Guest

    Re: VTEC activation light

    Ohhhhhhhhh him! haha yeah that was fun. I thought his posts were deleted.

    Im sure if you were to go through all my posts youd see the others who found themselves in trouble

    Haha I love that sound!! My friends car does that. He hates when Im in the car cause I always turn off the music to listen to that whine through the speakers.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29th January 2005, 08:57 PM
  2. VTEC light question
    By Razer in forum Fourth Generation
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 20th December 2004, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •