Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    TRAITOR

Re: 5thGEN WHEEL/TIRE/SUSPENSION FITMENTS & SETUPS POST all Q's and A's here

mine will be here tuesday, or more than likley wendsday, with 215/35 18 tires on them, i'll let you know as soon as i get them on if they rub and or how bad.

Benwh

H&R Sport Springs 1.4' Drop front and rear, Centerline Storm 17' wheels with 225/45/17 on Yokahama EVS100s, stock shocks, no strut or sway bar. Slightly rubs in back wheels on dips at high speeds and hard cornering. With passeger it gets worse. Just over an inch of clearance from the wheelwell w/o any additional weight. Might be able to solve this with some aftermarket shocks/strut/sway bar but probably going to have to go back to 215/40/17 to fix the problem.

plnoldrick

Quote Originally Posted by Benwh
    H&R Sport Springs 1.4' Drop front and rear, Centerline Storm 17' wheels with 225/45/17 on Yokahama EVS100s, stock shocks, no strut or sway bar. Slightly rubs in back wheels on dips at high speeds and hard cornering. With passeger it gets worse. Just over an inch of clearance from the wheelwell w/o any additional weight. Might be able to solve this with some aftermarket shocks/strut/sway bar but probably going to have to go back to 215/40/17 to fix the problem.

there is a small plastic tab in your rear wheel well you can shave off that will most likely get rid of your rubbing problem. its right where the bumper meets the quarter panel. a small protrusion of plastic off the bumper.

Ludeochris

Tire input WANTED:

18''x7.5" 42+ offset - rims
    H&R 1.4" drop sport - springs
    KYB agx - shocks

I am just trying to avoid rub all I can.
    Any input is welcome.

Ludeochris

Bump that bump bump

CapNCrunch

Any objections/comments about this here (no suspension yet, just before that):

2000 SH
    17x7.5 rims (115x5; is that the same classification as 114.3x5?) and +54mm offset (not sure about this either)
    215/45/17 tires

ALSO, I'm confused as to the difference in a shock and a strut. Which does our cars have and is it the same all around the car?

When I do do suspension, if replacing both shocks/srtruts AND springs, everything is kosher, CORRECT?

I hope there's still people that are looking at this thread, THANKS!!!

TRAITOR

115 is not 114.3, you will never get the rims on your lugs. The offset and tire size would be fine, but you need to find rims that fit your lug pattern.

CapNCrunch

Quote Originally Posted by TRAITOR
    115 is not 114.3, you will never get the rims on your lugs. The offset and tire size would be fine, but you need to find rims that fit your lug pattern.
    Dammit, why would they make it so close but not fit? And the Ludes are 114.3 right? I wish websites would stop telling me the 115's will fit. Thanks though.

EDIT: Nevermind, just realized the Ludes are 115x5. Ooops.

CapNCrunch

And about the suspension: If I was able to replace either the shocks or the springs on my SH to make it compatable with either/or, should a complete shock/strut and spring kit exclude the SH model? This is really confusing to me, because it seems like nothing fits up right with my car. If ANYONE could clear up the confusion, I would much appreciate it.

Ludeochris

OK here we go.
    SH has different shocks and springs in the front.
    You can change the springs to lower it but you have to buy SH spec!!(hard to get)
    If you change out your shocks and springs this eliminates any problems cause it will now be the same as a base model.
    You can just buy regular base model shocks and springs. You have to buy both thought..

CapNCrunch

Quote Originally Posted by Ludeochris
    OK here we go.
    SH has different shocks and springs in the front.
    You can change the springs to lower it but you have to buy SH spec!!(hard to get)
    If you change out your shocks and springs this eliminates any problems cause it will now be the same as a base model.
    You can just buy regular base model shocks and springs. You have to buy both thought..
    Thanks Lude, I appreciate you breaking it down for me. All understood now.

Question for all though: with 215/45/17 tires rub if a drop of 1.5 is done on all sides using a Tokico HP shock and spring kit? I don't want to go lo-pro with the tires down to 40, so if I won't rub with the 45's, that'd be awesome.

SunShine287

what's wrong with low-profile tires?

Damnit, i read this whole thread, and all it does is tell me that i don't know shit about tires.

CapNCrunch

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine287
    what's wrong with low-profile tires?

Damnit, i read this whole thread, and all it does is tell me that i don't know shit about tires.
    I don't want lo-pro tires because of their treadwear and I think the 45 series will fill up the well better. Actually, I'd like to do new shocks/struts (still not knowing the difference between the two, and what's actually on my car; seems like the term is swapped out frequently), and maintain a conservative drop (1in. or so). What's got me worried now is that the rims I want are 17x7.5 and the +54mm offset I read is too big for the Prelude with that width rim, and I think that's without any drop whatsoever. Is this true too?

joedaddy

that is fine...but with a 205 series tire, you will not have much lip protection...
    and are u sure you have 54mm? seems like an off offset...

you MIGHT have inner fender rub but htat's just MIGHT...

Ludeochris

Planned setup
    KYB agx s&s
    H&r sports 1.4"
    18"x7.5 +42 offset
    215/30/18

Will it work?
    Well think Im gonna change my drop to Tein Htechs 1" drop not sure though.
    Please any1 with H&R sports holla at me.
    Also I am still thinkin 215/30/18 tires
    so whats a good one
    Im thinkin Yokohama Parada Spec or Toyo Proxes4
    Let me know....