Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Brys98H22A4Lude

Re: 5thGEN WHEEL/TIRE/SUSPENSION FITMENTS & SETUPS POST all Q's and A's here

Quote Originally Posted by gticl
    SUS: Tein SS 1.5-.14 drop
    Tire: Parada Spec II 205-45-17 offset: +45

No rub at all after I put Neuspeed front strut tower bar and rear Tanabe tower bar on. (cost less than $200 in total). Anti-Sway bar sometimes helps as well.
    that wicked...hey u got a pic of ur lude...i was thinking of those tires that u have there awesome i bet...thanks later

TRAITOR

Quote Originally Posted by bpwatts78
    Skunk2 Coilovers (lowered about 2.5")
    KYB AGX Adjustable Struts
    Stock rims as using anything higher than 16 will significantly alter gearing. performance, and wear
    2 AVS ES100 in the front (215/50/16)
    2 Kumho 712s worn down a bit in the back for drifting/autocross (205/50/16)

No rubbing anywhere, car is geared for autocross/track running. Struts are set as: fronts on 2 for normal driving, 3 on race day. Backs are always on 4.

Correct me if i am wrong, but how will changing the rim sizes "significantly" alter gearing, performance and wear if the same or near same tire O.D. is maintained. It wont. Larger rims do weigh more, more reciprocating mass does = less horse power, this is true, but only to a small extend. If you go as i have just have from the stock 205/50/16 to a 215/35/18 the o.d. changes from 25.1 to 24.9. Two tenths of an inch. You would never notice this difference in gearing. rule of thumb is every 1 inch of tire diameter you increase, your rpms at the same speed as before will drop 125 rpm. You would have to make a radical change in o.d. of your tire to make an extreme difference in gearing.

Ludeochris

Just looking for more input....

I have a 1999 Honda Prelude Type SH. Since its hard to find or figure out which companies make lowering springs that are wound to SH spec to fit my SH shocks I decided to swap out my shocks for base shocks and base springs to avoid the headaches. I went with some
    KYB Adjustable shocks so I could change my suspension to suit the current use. I also bought some H&R sport springs (1.4 est. drop) for look and performance. I have 18x7.5 ADR fuels (+42 offset) and have not installed them yet. I wanted to get some input on tire size or even if this would work at all. My main goal is to avoid rub entirely.
    I really am trying to avoid rub.....

Any input is welcome.
    pics are also great.....

Thanks

chromedoutprelude

i just got some 17X7 enkei rs7's and at the tire place gave me 205/45/17 and i am getting ready to install some H&R race springs and i was wondering if i will rub... It's like a 2" drop all around and if i look at my car right now it looks like the tire sticks out from the front fender but the back looks alright... and it really needs lowering it looks like a damn rally car right now.

gticl

To Brys98H22A4Lude
    Here is the link to pictures of my car.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/gticl

Parada Spec-II are great~ not expensive ($110 per tires installed) and higt performance~
    The only thing I don't like is the rotation noise.......kinda loud~

I would say if you guys wanna lower your lude....
    better stick with 205 in what ever size of rim...
    I tried 215 once before(at rear)....it rub the fender all the time.......
    205 is the stock size, and it perfectly fits ~

SikLudeSH

215/35 ZR18 Nitto NeoGen
    18x7.5 RacingHart C2 EVO
    R1 CoilOvers Stock Struts
    (Swapping to TEIN Flex in 2 weeks :clap: )

Current setup has No Rubbing, I did have 225/45 and those rubbed. Current suspension is bouncy due to blown struts, swapping to what I believe is the best.

TRAITOR

hey guys, do us a favor and list your offset, that makes a world of difference. Your setup may not rub because you have 48mm offset rims, and the poor guy who copies your setup,but goes with 42mm will be wondering why his fenders got ripped off. Thanks.

Ludeochris

yeah amen lets get the offsets up in here.....

jrnot

Anyone running Tein type H, on stock base model springs? I am looking at getting them with a full stock setup, and would like to avoid tire wear without camber kits.

JR

plnoldrick

wheels: 16x7 rota slipstreams 45mm offset
    tires: bridgestone potenza re-750
    strut & spring: Tein HA
    sway bars: suspension techniques front and rear
    endlink: stock
    bushings: stock
    camber adjustments: specialty products adjustable ball joints on all 4 wheels
    strut bars: spoon front and rear upper bars

lowering amount = bottom thread of the coilover (guessing 2+ inches)
    camber settings = -1.5 front and -.5 rear
    toe settings = 0'd out
    caster = stock

my camber can be set to 0 but i choose to run negative for the track but not as much as i should. i need to keep it somewhat streetable i have no rubbing at all under any driving condition. the car is very predictable with very neutral handling. i have eaten m series bmw's and porsches in the corners on multiple tracks time and time again.

Ludeochris

pinoldrick got any pics? your car sounds sweet?

Ludeochris

Check out my question on my setup in the above posts and let me know if you have something similiar or what tires should I use.

TRAITOR

why on earth would you buy Bridgestones Potenza's again. They are terrible. Mine have an easy 15k miles left on them(originals) and they are disapearing this week in lieu of Konig Holes(graphite finish) 18x7.5(45mm offset) wrapped in 215/35 18 BFG G-Force KDW2's. They should be here wendsday, i'll post pics as soon as possible.

plnoldrick

the potenza's are great street tires in my opinion. they are very close to the lateral grip of pricier tires and the thing that was most appealing is they are damn good in the rain. i live in florida and rainy season is coming up. now i dont know if you've ever been in a florida rain storm but its not pretty.

all potenza's arent alike either. the stock lude re-92's are quite possibly the worst tire i have ever seen. but the re-750 and s03 and s02 are great tires. the BFG G-Force KDW2's are great street tires too but they are just too soft for me. i drive way to much and i need something that has acceptable treadwear.

these tires are by no means track tires, just daily driver tires. for the track im using azenis on the stockies untill i can get dedicated wheels and hoosiers.

Ludeochris

i have to upload pics to my site then i'll post them.

as for your setup i couldnt tell you if your gonna rub although with 7.5 wide wheels and 18's you very well may on really hard conering with the h&r's. i dont have much experience with larger wheels truthfully. some guys like to run lower profile tires because they give more lateral grip but i like to stay with a little meetier tire like a 50 series because of thier predictability on breakaway. i have found that i can drive them more to thier limits then something with a smaller profile. you should be able to get away with your wheels but your offset is questionable. its really hard to say.

Ludeochris

Thanks for the info pinoldrick. Appreciated. Anyone else got some info.
    I think Im gonna go 215/35/18. I leave the rear struts on a stiffer setting so they dont bounce and rub. I dont think this should ruin my ride quality that much. Those 215/35's will if anything . Looking back I made the wrong choice on the rims. They look sick but I shouldn't have rushed it and tried to BLING. 18's stand out thats why I wanted em. Anybody runnin 18's holla at ya boy with some info.