PDA

View Full Version : raising the car

payLo
28th July 2006, 07:35 PM
hey guys, was just wondering, to raise my car, is there any possible way without getting new springs?

bigteethygrin
28th July 2006, 07:52 PM
you could always get the shocks on a lathe and cut new grooves for the spring seat to sit in.. but its pretty dodgey as a fix

racinghonda
28th July 2006, 09:14 PM
hey guys, was just wondering, to raise my car, is there any possible way without getting new springs?

You can get polyurathane "spacers". They look like pineapple rings and they slip over the shock and sit on the spring perch, the spring then sits on those, raising your car.

Why do you want to raise your car? Live in rough country?

andy
28th July 2006, 09:35 PM
rememeber with pineapples - "do not eat"

Benji
28th July 2006, 09:39 PM
lmao.. andy...

Flipmods
29th July 2006, 01:37 AM
You can do it the proper way by getting my 4th gen springs for $50 posted and chuck them in.

!JonZap!
29th July 2006, 03:16 AM
or taller bumpstops

racinghonda
29th July 2006, 09:39 AM
or taller bumpstops

huh? How would taller bump stops affect the height of the car?

Flipmods
29th July 2006, 11:46 AM
Yeah, Please explain:umm:

!JonZap!
29th July 2006, 11:59 AM
my car had both of the front bump stops gone, only about 1cm left or so and it would bottom out in the front. i replaced them with very tall merc bumpstops that fit perfect, the front was quite noticibly higher so i had to take the shocks out again and cut the bump stop by 1/3 which made the front sit normally.

payLo
30th July 2006, 02:15 AM
You can get polyurathane "spacers". They look like pineapple rings and they slip over the shock and sit on the spring perch, the spring then sits on those, raising your car.

Why do you want to raise your car? Live in rough country?
how much does it raise the car by?
its too low for the kit to go on, so wanna get it up a tiny bit. I can't even fit a finger in.
and yes i've just moved to ringwood, not rough country, just... shit

Flipmods
30th July 2006, 01:43 PM
my car had both of the front bump stops gone, only about 1cm left or so and it would bottom out in the front. i replaced them with very tall merc bumpstops that fit perfect, the front was quite noticibly higher so i had to take the shocks out again and cut the bump stop by 1/3 which made the front sit normally.
That defeats the purpose of shocks if you are running on your bump stops.

!JonZap!
30th July 2006, 02:02 PM
That defeats the purpose of shocks if you are running on your bump stops.

lol, its only food for thought. im not disagreeing with you here but the question was "how can i raise my car" most would pick it up as a joke.

!JonZap!
30th July 2006, 02:06 PM
how much does it raise the car by?
its too low for the kit to go on, so wanna get it up a tiny bit. I can't even fit a finger in.
and yes i've just moved to ringwood, not rough country, just... shit

ringwood? serious..... which parts so bad?

how much is your car lowered?

payLo
30th July 2006, 10:59 PM
every part of ringwood sucks man! I wanna go back to donny east...
i'm not sure how much its lowered, i can't really remember. maybe one and a half or three quarter inch

94vtirozguy
31st July 2006, 12:22 AM
i am lowered more than an inch and i have no problems in ringwood. maybe your shocks are stuffed ?

!JonZap!
31st July 2006, 01:12 AM
serious, i live in ringwood and lowered with no problems

payLo
1st August 2006, 05:09 AM
i meant ringwoods a shit area! not a shit drive lol... so these spacers... where can i get them from and is it easy to put in?

payLo
7th August 2006, 10:19 PM
HELP guys please... lol. really need to know where i can get these spacers and how much they'd cost roughly...

Flipmods
7th August 2006, 11:21 PM
There are no spacers you can buy, if they are taslking about them metal pieces with 2 bolts than they don't fit.

Just get old springs, I can post some to you for $50 wqhich includes postage and springs.